Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yu-Gi-Oh: Capsule Monsters

Options
  • 03-02-2006 2:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭

I know, I know, lol YGO, STFU.

Anyway, did anyone catch this? Apparently the RTE2 showing of it that started on Wednesday is the world premiere of the series. As in, not even shown in Japan. Nobody in any online YGO communities even knew of its existence before Wednesday.

It's official, animated by TV Tokyo and dubbed by 4Kids. They've done a damn good job at keeping it a secret.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

rte2 are great for getting the new series of yu-gi-oh as they come out. haven't seen it in ages though, partly due to chorus cutting us off. Bastards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Senbotsu

I caught this half way through and it looks interesting, I always watched YGO on RTE2, there's nothing else to watch at 3:30 on weekdays. =P

But it looks promising, maybe I will give it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

It's a nice twist on the series alright, the whole only allowed so many capsules to fire off is a sweet idea, as you need to choose which ones you keep :)

Btw, have any of you seen that other new one they showing on RTE2 Yu-Gi-Oh :GX ? it's wierd, but watchable also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Senbotsu

Yea I've seen a few of those Yu-Gi-Oh GX episodes on RTE2, I've known this series was coming, thanks to Anime Insider, but I dont think it's even been shown in the USA yet, good old RTE, beat's em all to the punch when Yu-Gi-Oh is concerned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

It's a nice twist on the series alright, the whole only allowed so many capsules to fire off is a sweet idea, as you need to choose which ones you keep :)

Btw, have any of you seen that other new one they showing on RTE2 Yu-Gi-Oh :GX ? it's wierd, but watchable also.

Weird was just looking at a ygo magazine today with yu-gi-oh :GX cards advertised, I haven't a clue what it was about, I felt so out of the loop...
    Anyone want to enlighten me about them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

They're normal Yu-Gi-Oh CCG/TCG cards but they just happen to be a small set of only cards used by two of the characters; Jaden and Chazz (a different 30 cards available in each set) from the GX animé. Some of the cards are only available in these sets at the moment. Other than that nothing particularly special.
    I think they probably do plan to release similar sets for the other main GX characters.

Advertisement