Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flash Rollover Text Box

Options
  • 03-02-2006 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Does anyone know if it is possible to have a textbox appear over an image when the mouse is moved over it? I have images in my flash movie and i want some text to appear when the mouse is moved over individual images.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Bananna man

kbannon wrote:

hey, i have no experience of java scripts and only the basics of flash. Do you know if it will be possible to just add this to the flash script, it seems that this is just to be added to a html page?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

IN Flash create a piece of text and put a command on the rollover object to play the specific text file (which will need to be converted to an image probably) when you rollover the object.

Gordon wrote:
    IN Flash create a piece of text and put a command on the rollover object to play the specific text file (which will need to be converted to an image probably) when you rollover the object.

Cheers, I'll give that a go!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

easiest thing to do is to create a button that has no text on the "out" state and has text on the "over" state.

• Advertisement

easiest thing to do is to create a button that has no text on the "out" state and has text on the "over" state.

Doh, why didnt i think of that. It's not exactly what i was after but its a good alternative!!

Advertisement