Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Its a bird, its a plane......

Options
  • 03-02-2006 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭

NO! Its Law & BnL day 2006! The greatest faculty day on earth...ever!
    And if you disagree with me I will cut you.

The date is Tuesday 7th Feburary and the cause is Temple St. Children's hospital and CareAid (10%).

The days event include the Field O Banter, 5 a side football tournament, Law vs BnL debate, Simpson Quiz, drinking games, DJ and karaoke!

LOUD NOISES!!

I demand that each and every poster here donate money to the sick kids via the buckets, quiz or raffle. We're hoping to raise the usual €20,000+ for charity but as usual we're aiming even higher this year!

If you're looking for debauchery then check out the SU where law vs bnl drinking games will make the Romans look tame. You haven't lived until you've seen law students pass beer between their mouths or change clothes in front of everyone. Your life isn't complete until you've heard a group of BnL boys crack out 'lady in red' for the whole bar.
    Your life has been worthless up until now people.

Then its a quick hop and a stumble over to Rios on Leeson St for the Nightclub event;
    'Jober as a Sudge'
    €8 before hand and €10 on the door. Free drink on entry and drinks promotions on the night.

And its all for charity people.

Look out for the stressed guy with a walkie talkie and a viz vest on the day. Thats me.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭TheVan

Hear Hear!

Let's get barred.

You've been called to the bar.

Give us your money you bar-stards

And other bar/legal related taglines!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

not likely u wig wearing fags
    come on orts day!!!! where we raise................nothing!!

Yeah I've heard about Arts students not being able to raise anything alright! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

OH NO YOU DIDN'T! Below the belt The Van, literally.
    Come on Law & BnL day, copious boozing while helping sick children, does it get any better?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

TheVan wrote:
    Yeah I've heard about Arts students not being able to raise anything alright! :D

whatever dawson;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

tintinr35 wrote:
    not likely u wig wearing fags
    come on orts day!!!! where we raise................nothing!!

Maybe you should put your money where your mouth is, and get involved on the committee. See how hard four or five people work for months to be greeted with... apathy. Been there, done that, once you have then maybe you can talk. That goes for anyone else who wants to slag Arts (and Human Sciences) Day too.

All the best to the crew on Law and B&L day... it's a stressful day when you're involved in organising it, so I hope it goes spiffingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭pimpy_c

What time does the 5 a side tournament start at and where exactly? I don't really go to college so I don't see any posters.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

TBH, Sci Day > all :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

could be around 11 I think. Get a team together for €35 and get the chance to win 5 crates of beer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Font22

"the airbags" will be making their debut at the 5-a-side. this is a recently formed team of high class players and i have no dubt we will reign supreme........

• Advertisement

Font22 wrote:
    "the airbags" will be making their debut at the 5-a-side. this is a recently formed team of high class players and i have no dubt we will reign supreme........

What is it we associate airbags with?.....oh yeah....crashing!! :D

Ah no good luck girls

5-a-side starts at 11 but I reckon half 10 is a good time to turn up so it can all get organised quickly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Sangre wrote:
    NO! Its Law & BnL day 2006!

The days event include the Field O Banter, 5 a side football tournament, Law vs BnL debate, Simpson Quiz, drinking games, DJ and karaoke!

What are you gonna be singing at the karaoke sangre?I will donate 20euro if you sing 'my heart will go on' by celinedion?

Tut tut Panda, I shall expect a large donation anyway!

Anyways, €20 will get you more than a song from Sangre!

i wouldnt want more than a song from that beast.

i'm just going to sit here patiently until sangre comes back with some really hurtful comment...............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭pilson

Come on the air bags. do us proud. dunno who ye are but in my head ye all have big tits. weeeeee.

you have really nice eyes font22

i know.....try saying that to my face next time you see me sangre

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

TBH, Sci Day > all :p
    agreed, and i'm not in science!

i'll be going to Colours Hockey Ball tomorrow. €50 to sit in a tux and eat dinner near a pile of trinity fags:mad:

Font22 wrote:
    i know.....try saying that to my face next time you see me sangre
    You know how shy and bashful I am.

So the big day is tomorrow. Lets all go to the bar and get phished.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

yeah science day is the best faculty day, no doubt about it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Samos

Is Eng Day still on the cards this year? I heard rumours towards the start of the year that it would be cancelled due to excessive security and insurance costs!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

Samos wrote:
    Is Eng Day still on the cards this year? I heard rumours towards the start of the year that it would be cancelled due to excessive security and insurance costs!

I heard it was more that the new head of Eng didn't want engday to be basically an event based around engineers getting hilariously hammered and blocking streets with their Stretcher race! Heard that from a member of last years committee

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

I heard it was more than the new head of Eng didn't want engday to be basically an event based around engineers getting hilariously hammered and blocking streets with their Stretcher race! Heard that from a member of last years committee

yea i heard that rumour too. on boards i think....

Remember....B+L Day is tomorrow!

Remember to support it!

I heard it was more that the new head of Eng didn't want engday to be basically an event based around engineers getting hilariously hammered and blocking streets with their Stretcher race! Heard that from a member of last years committee

Oh no-say it isnt so!!:( But the year is not complete without a friday evening squashed into the bar with fellas in hard hats?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

panda100 wrote:
    Oh no-say it isnt so!!:( But the year is not complete without a friday evening squashed into the bar with fellas in hard hats?

Seems it isn't so, texted my mate today and Eng Day is "definately" going ahead on February 24th.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Seems it isn't so, texted my mate today and Eng Day is "definately" going ahead on February 24th.
    Woot!!! Off to hartigans!!!

irlrobins wrote:
    Woot!!! Off to hartigans!!!

any excuse to eye up Ma Hartigan:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Samos

panda100 wrote:
    any excuse to eye up Ma Hartigan

Me and Ma H, we go way back. I always wonder what could have been... She definitely had a thing for me... There was chemistry, you know what I mean...? She was always trying to ply me with drink, and cop a feel when I wasn't looking...She only wanted fun. I wanted substance, commitment, a future... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement