Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nuclear Disaster

• 03-02-2006 4:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭

I hear that RTE have comissioned a new production documenting what would happen in Ireland if an accident happened in Ireland. Anyone know anything about it escpecially when it is supposed to be broadcast?

I presume it will be typical NBC format - completely factually wrong and overblown hype!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Surely it would just show us all taking our iodine tablets and living happily ever after?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭twenty8

ha!! We would all live forever with them!!!

Seemingly they are useless anyway (despite the fact that they are out of date!!). There is nothing in Sellafield that would mean that we have to take iodine.

Ahh well - another hairbrained idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Have you anything to back up that BBC programmes are factually wrong? Are you an expert in the Nuclear Area?

John

Expert in the nuclear area - definately not. Just very curious to hear what is going on.

BBC Factually incorrect. Ok - I have taken that back. They are factually incorrect sometimes but they do their best as much as possible and rectify their mistakes afterwards. Not like 98% of other tv stations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

if thay do it like they did those recent series of docu dramas on bbc1, the other week they had that prog about the chernoble, it was interesting to see that comdeian guy play the investigator who tried to out the cover up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

twenty8 wrote:
    I hear that RTE have comissioned a new production documenting what would happen in Ireland if an accident happened in Ireland. Anyone know anything about it escpecially when it is supposed to be broadcast?

I presume it will be typical NBC format - completely factually wrong and overblown hype!
    Umm, what nuclear accident could possibly happen in Ireland? And if this is an RTE production, then what does NBC have to do with anything?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

then what does NBC have to do with anything?

well, NBC also stands for Nuclear, Biological & Chemical :)

BendiBus wrote:
    Oh..........:o

BendiBus wrote:

Not that I knew that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

"Duck And Cover!"

...... alternatively whitewash a door, place it at a 45degree angle against a wall and then hide in the space between.

Sorted.

• Advertisement

Ok, I ask the same question about NBC, can you prove them factually over blown and Hyped? In relation to Nuclear programme obviously.

Since you didn't even try to argue the BBC case.

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Lump what are you on about? Who, apart from you mentioned the BBC?

Mike.

Pigman II wrote:
    "Duck And Cover!"

...... alternatively whitewash a door, place it at a 45degree angle against a wall and then hide in the space between.

Sorted.
    I prefer hiding under a sheet or corrugated iron myself. Although standing in a doorframe comes a close second, even though that is for an actual nuclear bomb.

mike65 wrote:
    Lump what are you on about? Who, apart from you mentioned the BBC?

Mike.

The original poster did, before he edited the original post

Originally it said BBC instead of NBC
    John

John, where do you work??

I was referring in general to TV stations who regularly blow up news articles and stories to make them appear more attractive that they actually are. It is a regular occurrence that TV stations and papers get their facts wrong and change details in stories.

I was asking about this particular drama that is coming up. It is not my intention to debate the merits of various channels. I would appreciate if you have any information on Fallout – otherwise there are many other treads to have the channel debate.

Thank you.

I work in media. I don't want to get into any debate, just saying tv stations off the cuff without anything to back it up is a vast and general statement to make, doesn't make a difference what station it is, American, English or Irish.

Anyway....

Advertisement