Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Joan of Arcadia s2 on RTE ONE, Fridays

• 03-02-2006 5:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭

Why are RTE showing the second season of this series at 2.30pm on a Friday afternoon, when a) it's aimed at teenagers and families b) would be better scheduled on a Sunday evening c) will be largely unwatched by the Hi-De-Hi/Murder She Wrote/Diagnosis Murder afternoon audience?!

(Admittedly, the show was canned and the second season isn't nearly as good as the first, but they couldn't even let it be aired where anyone who'd seen the first would get a chance to see it!)

If RTE aren't scheduling stuff late at night where no one will see it, they're doing it in the afternoon... Eejits.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭curiosity

Good point Doh. RTE do seem to pull some odd ones.

still, delighted to see it back. I happened across the first series without expectation. I really liked it!!.

Do you know if today was the first episode of s2??????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

I enjoyed this show,and I think it would have made sense for RTE to stick it on after 7th Heaven on a Sunday.

I agree season 2 wasn't near as good,but I liked what they did at the end by bringing in the anit-Joan,Wentworth "Prison Break" Miller,or was he Satan?? It was interesting anyway and I would have liked to see where it went.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

Curiosity, 2x01 "Only Connect" was on last Friday, so it's only just started; That episode gets a repeat on LivingTV on March 3rd at 3pm as well.

TVNutz - yeah, the anti-Joan stuff was excellent and would've been the saving of the show, but they introduced it way too late for it to make any difference to audiences (who by then were probably largely bored).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

ye it was a bit late,last 3 episodes if I remember correctly. Wentworth Miller has that look that freaks you out,he was a good fit for the part. It was a weak second season but I still think it deserved a 3rd season.

tvnutz wrote:
    ye it was a bit late,last 3 episodes if I remember correctly. Wentworth Miller has that look that freaks you out,he was a good fit for the part. It was a weak second season but I still think it deserved a 3rd season.

Yeah, I agree - on the basis that when it was good it could be *very* good (Judith 'Friday' ep in particular), and the family dynamics and relationships were very real and believeable for a TV drama.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Lochaber

doh.ie wrote:
    Why are RTE showing the second season of this series at 2.30pm on a Friday afternoon, when a) it's aimed at teenagers and families b) would be better scheduled on a Sunday evening c) will be largely unwatched by the Hi-De-Hi/Murder She Wrote/Diagnosis Murder afternoon audience?!

It's a good question isn't it... now if only you could create your own tv station schedule....

Lochaber wrote:
    It's a good question isn't it... now if only you could create your own tv station schedule....

I suppose Sky+ and other new-fangled ways of watching TV are effectively that, but it is increasingly frustrating that RTE insist on scheduling half its programming at the least suitable times. If it's not hidden away during the night (Alias, among a zillion others), it's lost in the middle of the day. I was wondering the other day when RTE last aired Smallville, and why it isn't even considered worthy of screening to the end now. Someone should do something about it. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭curiosity

doh.ie wrote:
    Curiosity, 2x01 "Only Connect" was on last Friday, so it's only just started; That episode gets a repeat on LivingTV on March 3rd at 3pm as well.

Ta for that. Guess I'll just have to go without epd 1. VCR primed for Friday!

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭rikerdonegal

doh.ie wrote:
    That episode gets a repeat on LivingTV on March 3rd at 3pm as well.

Excellent news, that. Never knew it was back on RTE, and missed it last time round on Living. Really enjoyed the first season, and don't wanna jump in and watch the episodes in the wrong order.

Thanks for the heads up.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭rikerdonegal

Did this air on Living? Did I miss it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

Did this air on Living? Did I miss it?

checked the guide and no sign of it?

Advertisement