Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Advice on car

Options
  • 03-02-2006 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭

I collegue here is looking at importing a 02 Reg C Class Classic 1.8 Merc looking in CBG etc it seems to be around 28K and looking in the auto trader.co.uk it all works out including vrt to 19500. Surly he would sell it on after a year at a profit? Anythying else to look out for I take it the warrenty would be much use when importing.

Also any recommended dealer within easy access to the ports etc. The best choice seems to be arounfd london, anyone here importing to order ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

Looking at cargiant.co.uk

They re near London, some nice cars at the cost of what they are here.

It is very worth while importing the expensive cars from the UK.

Premium brand cars anyway, 1.4 Astras and the likes, well theres not much of a saving there but there is some bargains to be had.

Warranty will change a it but check with a Merc Garage here.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

bennyc wrote:
    I collegue here is looking at importing a 02 Reg C Class Classic 1.8 Merc looking in CBG etc it seems to be around 28K and looking in the auto trader.co.uk it all works out including vrt to 19500. Surly he would sell it on after a year at a profit? Anythying else to look out for I take it the warrenty would be much use when importing.

Also any recommended dealer within easy access to the ports etc. The best choice seems to be arounfd london, anyone here importing to order ?

I thought the C180 actually had a 2.0 engine back in 2002? If so then VRT is calculated at 30% of the market value of the car in Ireland. If it does in fact work out at €19,500 then go for it.

Get the car checked by a compentant mechanic or the RAC/AA do a comprehensive check over there for a reasonible price. Also get a HPI check done on the car so that there is no outstanding finance on the motor, I think they can check if the car has been involved in an accident also.

Check out the stickys on this forum also about importing from the UK.

Advertisement