Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What do you think of this?

• 03-02-2006 5:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I would like to see what other ppl views are on this. Anyway there is this girl at school and oneday at lunch (we all hang around with each other) and her friend started a convo with me but then she goes "Oh isnt [myname] in ur class" we started talkin for about 5mins then I was draged out to play football. I was talking to my m8s and her & her friend again came up behind me and started feeling the back of my hair(new hair style) was in a deep convo wit a m8 and didnt turn round for a few secs and they start laughin when i turned around. Then in one of our classes I was talkin 2 her & she asked me for my number but she has never txt me. Also I have caught her looking at me. Now I have to say that I dont talk to her that much prob just once a day.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

unreg87 wrote:
    Now I have to say that I dont talk to her that much prob just once a day.
    I suggest increasing that frequency.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Eminem

The way your talking about is that she was playing games if so then shes not wourth it .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

make it known that u like her if she responds make a move if not forget it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

I think she's made the first move, with the whole talking to you and touching you.

Also, she asked for your number, did you ask for hers back? If not, you're an idiot. If so, and you didnt txt her yet, you're also an idiot.

Txt her, and talk to her more.

I'm assuming you like her, right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

smiles wrote:
    If not, you're an idiot. If so, and you didnt txt her yet, you're also an idiot.

Jesus christ. Go easy on the guy.

OP: I suggest you follow Talliesin's advice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭elvis2002

I suspect ur around the 15 years old area, if not correct me. Give her a txt about something to get chat going, even something like 'how u do a certain question' or 'doing anything interesting 2nite?'. If she don't reply then leave it for a few days and try again. No harm in that is there. She could say 'no, nothing at all, what about u?', u could say 'nah, just here thinking about u for some reason'. she'll say 'cool, wana have sex'.... oh wait it doesnt work exactly like that. lol... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭mickymg2003

Did you get her number? You should have. If not get it off her or her friend if you dont wanna ask her. Txt her. It sounds like she likes you. She's probably doesn't want to make the first move. You like that when you at that age.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭MarinoMark

Bite the bullet, Next week ask her to go for a coffee etc and take it from there.. Sometimes we analyse everything to death and before we know it, the opportunity has passed...WHoooooosh ! Do it and do it soon...Best of luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Eminem wrote:
    The way your talking about is that she was playing games if so then shes not wourth it .

you wont win anything if you dont play any games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

unreg87 wrote:
    I would like to see what other ppl views are on this. Anyway there is this girl at school and oneday at lunch (we all hang around with each other) and her friend started a convo with me but then she goes "Oh isnt [myname] in ur class" we started talkin for about 5mins then I was draged out to play football. I was talking to my m8s and her & her friend again came up behind me and started feeling the back of my hair(new hair style) was in a deep convo wit a m8 and didnt turn round for a few secs and they start laughin when i turned around. Then in one of our classes I was talkin 2 her & she asked me for my number but she has never txt me. Also I have caught her looking at me. Now I have to say that I dont talk to her that much prob just once a day.

Erm, I think she fancies you rotton & I don't think she could have any more unsubtle about it without actually saying it, lol! What she is doing is known as flirting outragously & if you like her, I'd suggest you reciprocate! Best of luck :)

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,753 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Is there a bike shed in your school?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

If in doubt, stick it in

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 199 ✭✭fun bus

if ye are 15 or so, i'd say she fancies u. just hasnt got the social skills to handle it, so shes overcompensting by acting real confident (the touching, getting your no. etc). just go for it and find out man!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭DAEDULUS

jcoote wrote:
    make it known that u like her if she responds make a move if not forget it

just curious as to your success with this approach....
    IMO telling her or her friends that you like her is a biiiiiiiiiiiiig mistake....havnt you seen all the threads with situations where 'girl likes guy,guy finds out and tells people that he also likes her,for some ODD REASON,the girl ignores him from then on...'
    The reason for this is that girls like a challenge,if they know you like them,and they can have you whenever they want,its not fun....they want what they cant have in a sense ;)

Basically,she does like you,but doesnt mean she wont change her opinion of you the second you do something stupid. So your best bet is to just play it cool,dont invite her to dinner and lavish her with gifts,do something simple like tell her your going to get some clothes and she should come,help you out with choosing,whatever.. If her friends confront you about her liking you,dont get super enthusiastic in front of them,play it cool like barry white,you already know she likes you so its no biggie for them to tell you..

If you do go out with her shoppin or something and you play it cool as you have been,the oppertunity will arise and if you have any sense of direction with women you should be able to throw the lips on her, daedulus style ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭DAEDULUS

Talliesin wrote:
    I suggest increasing that frequency.

I also advise not doing this,talking to her everyday is not the kind of thing you want to be doing... Leave most of the texting and calls to her,if you are the one calling her everyday she'l probably think you have nothing better to do.
    You gotta create mystery, it gives women something to think about.
    If the two of you get to the stage where more than just aquaintances,and she really likes you,and you dont answer any of her messages or calls for a few hours, I guarantee she will be racking her brains trying to figure out why you havnt replied, 'does he not like me? am i annoying him with all these calls? is he out with other girls? aghhhhhhhh' believe me,this truely happens :D And when you finally answer or ring her back,she will be relieved and release a sigh of joy lol, but if she asks how come you didnt answer,be vague and simply say you were busy,be vague..this will do 2 things, 1. Continue giving her something to think about and 2. Make you seem like a busy person with things to do and theere are that she is not the priority in your life..

Also another big factor is that the more you hang out,the more chance you have of messing something up and ruining what you had going for you ;)

edit: lol just noticed this thread and realised the guy in the post is doing the same thing to DawnMc and its driven her to the point where she is on boards making posts about it lol... it drives them crazy because for some reason they NEED to know,dont ask me why because I have no idea lol, great fun though knowing that she's sweating over something your deliberately doing :D

Advertisement