Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Penalty Points: Checking Quantity & "Extra Time"

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Did you send the FOI request to the FOI section or the ministers office?

They must respond to your request within 14 days and make a decision within 28 days. If you wrote before xmas then they are in breach of the act.

I asked a solicitor who said its the only official way to query your record.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

testicle wrote:
    All you have to do is ring the Dept of Transport. The Minister is busy enough turning up at the opening of an envelope.
    They are not obliged to give any points info out over the phone. Make a proper FOI request and get the answer in writing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Mailman

I only made the FOI request last week. I never ask via FOI until after a govt. department has ignored a standard request for info. I asked in the mail for the request to be forwarded to the information officer. If they want to be bloody minded they'll ignore it and I'll have to request it from the information officer directly but I've only very occasionally come across civil servants that are that beligerent.

Advertisement