Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Weekend Premiership Games (Will contain Scores)

• 03-02-2006 6:52pm
    Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,048 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Birmingham v Arsenal Draw (Setanta)
    Bolton v Wigan Athletic Home
    Everton v Manchester City Away
    Middlesbrough v Aston Villa Away
    Newcastle Utd v Portsmouth Home
    West Brom v Blackburn Away
    West Ham v Sunderland Home
    Sat 5.15
    Man Utd v Fulham Home (PPV)
    Sunday 1.30
    Tottenham v Charlton Draw (SP1)
    Sunday 4.00
    Chelsea v Liverpool Draw (SP1)

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Birmingham v Arsenal Away
    Bolton v Wigan Athletic Draw
    Middlesbrough v Aston Villa Home
    Newcastle Utd v Portsmouth Away
    Man Utd v Fulham Draw
    Tottenham v Charlton Home
    Chelsea v Liverpool Away (it has to be done)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Birmingham v Arsenal Home Brum are a team on the up, Arsenal are going the other way)
    Everton v Manchester City Draw
    Middlesbrough v Aston Villa Draw
    West Brom v Blackburn Draw
    Man Utd v Fulham Home
    Chelsea v Liverpool Draw (0-0)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Birmingham v Arsenal Away, Feel that without the two mistakes the other night, we are turning a corner.
    Bolton v Wigan Athletic Draw
    Everton v Manchester City Everton, City -ye just dont know whos gonna turn up for them
    Middlesbrough v Aston Villa Villa
    Newcastle Utd v Portsmouth Draw
    Man Utd v Fulham Home
    Chelsea v Liverpool Liverpool

I'm getting worried that evryone so far, bar me, has tipped Blackburn to win. Those are usually the games that we go and lose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Agree with you Lemlin. I've made a tidy sum over the years betting against teams in their next game following a win over United. It's amazing how often it happens. Both Man City and Middlesbrough did it this season, but Blackburn did buck the trend after their win at Old trafford by beating of all teams West Brom in their next game. Still, I'm not going to break the habit that has made me money, West Brom win for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Lemlin wrote:
    I'm getting worried that evryone so far, bar me, has tipped Blackburn to win. Those are usually the games that we go and lose.

why would you be worried? surely you want them to win? once they dont go out with the attitude you have they will be grand, and will win. Usually is the key word you use there, where you are a souness id be a hughes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

i have that feeling that i had a few years ago when chelsea went on to beat arsenal in the CL after losing like 4 times domestically
    Liverpool to beat chelsea on sunday, yes.
    after that united match, justice must be done

gotta beat them in the league some time, right...

ctrl-atl please dont bad mouth souness, you'll have his fanclub hijack the thread :D

why would you be worried? surely you want them to win? once they dont go out with the attitude you have they will be grand, and will win. Usually is the key word you use there, where you are a souness id be a hughes

Of course I want them to win. I wanted them to win Wenesday night but I have to admit that I didn't think they would. The team have to be careful. Hughes even came out himself today and said that the team have to keep up the momentum.

I knew the team was improving under Hughes but I never thought at the start of the season that, after 23 games, Rovers would be level on points with Arsenal. The fact is though that Blackburn have lost away to teams like Villa and Fulham this season, games they should be winning if the team want to qualify for Europe.

The other point in my mind is that Blackburn often perform well against the better teams in the league and lose against the easier ones. West Brom is a hard place to go to, they've already beaten Everton (4-0), Man City, Spurs and Arsenal at the Hawthorns this year.

Those are all good teams and that's why I'm wary. Just because Blackburn are well above them in the league, doesn't mean its going to be an easy tie. Their goalkeeper has been in particularly exceptional form of late too. He had blinders against Liverpool and Wigan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Corben Dallas

West Ham v Sunderland Draw
    Man Utd v Fulham Home would say away but have to realistic..ManU cant be beaten every wk :D;)
    Chelsea v Liverpool Draw Liverpool more than good enuff to get a draw out of this game, will have to put in a 5* preformance to beat Chelski at home. will they remember the 5-1 drubbin (4-1?) Fowler to get two?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

Man Utd v Fulham Home
    Chelsea v Liverpool Draw, both teams recent form has been patchy. But i would if liverpool beat chelsea to get over the results against birmingham and UTD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Birmingham v Arsenal Home
    Everton v Manchester City Draw
    Middlesbrough v Aston Villa Home
    Man Utd v Fulham Home
    Tottenham v Charlton Draw
    Chelsea v Liverpool Draw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Birmingham v Arsenal
    Arsenal
    Bolton v Wigan
    Draw
    Everton v Manchester City
    Everton
    Middlesbrough v Aston Villa
    Aston Villa
    Newcastle Utd v Portsmouth----Newcastle
    West Brom v Blackburn
    Blackburn
    West Ham v Sunderland
    West Ham
    Man Utd v Fulham
    Man Utd
    Tottenham v Charlton
    Draw
    Chelsea v Liverpool
    Draw

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Triton

Birmingham v Arsenal
    Birmingham
    Bolton v Wigan
    Bolton
    Everton v Manchester City
    Everton
    Middlesbrough v Aston Villa
    Middlesborough
    Newcastle Utd v Portsmouth----Portsmouth
    West Brom v Blackburn
    Blackburn
    West Ham v Sunderland
    West Ham
    Man Utd v Fulham
    Man Utd
    Tottenham v Charlton
    Tottenham
    Chelsea v Liverpool
    Draw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Bolton v Wigan Athletic Bolton
    Everton v Manchester City Everton(sticking my head out I know, but I think they could win this)
    Middlesbrough v Aston Villa Draw
    Newcastle Utd v Portsmouth Home(I figure now Souness is gone, the players will start playing properly :))
    Man Utd v Fulham Home
    Chelsea v Liverpool Home(I think Chelsea will win this, but I can't decide who I want to win. If Chelsea win, they are pulling away even further, but if they lose, they are 12 points ahead assuming we win today, so I can either totally write off the premiership and be happy to let Chelsea win, or have some hope, and let Liverpool catch up with us with a game in hand. I think I want a Liverpool win though, would like to see Chelsea flutter a little, especially before the Barca game)

p.s. so far in the Chelsea Liverpool game, two people have said Liverpool will win, 5 that they will draw, against the champions who are 18 points ahead of them, and lost 4-1 to them at home in the premiership.

PHB stop trolling.

Mike.

p.s. so far in the Chelsea Liverpool game, two people have said Liverpool will win, 5 that they will draw, against the champions who are 18 points ahead of them, and lost 4-1 to them at home in the premiership.

I said a draw because a good majority of the 'big' games that Sky bill all week end up as 0-0 draws. I'd imagine many other people thought that too.

Chelsea and Liverpool seem to have a penchant for drawing against each other, even if Chelsea did win 4-1 earlier this year.

I'm not saying its not possible, and i'm not suggesting theres not logic behind it, after all 0-0 is a Benetiz Mourinho special, I just think its nuts that nobody had said so far that they thought Chelsea would win :)
    Nobody else find it somewhat funny?

PHB wrote:
    I'm not saying its not possible, and i'm not suggesting theres not logic behind it, after all 0-0 is a Benetiz Mourinho special, I just think its nuts that nobody had said so far that they thought Chelsea would win :)
    Nobody else find it somewhat funny?

Maybe we all just want to think that there's a bit of hope left. Liverpool have a better chance of beating Chelsea at the moment than any other team IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Birmingham 2-1 Arsenal
    Bolton 1-1 Wigan Athletic
    Everton 2-0 Manchester City
    Middlesbrough 1-3 Aston Villa
    Newcastle Utd 0-0 Portsmouth
    West Brom 1-1 Blackburn
    West Ham 3-0 Sunderland
    Man Utd 2-1 Fulham
    Tottenham 3-2 Charlton
    Chelsea 1-0 Liverpool

Birmingham 0 - 1 Arsenal L
    E Adebayor 20

Everton 1 - 0 Man City L
    D Weir 7

Middlesbrough 0 - 2 Aston Villa L
    L Moore 17
    K Phillips 23

West Brom 1 - 0 Blackburn L
    K Campbell 6

• Advertisement

Blackburn now 2-0 down. I knew everyone on here tipping them to win didn't bode well. I'm still holding out for 3-2, a la the Carling Cup against Charlton.

end of season not looking good for middlesbrough
    0-4 against villa

Birmingham 0 - 2 Arsenal L
    E Adebayor 20
    T Henry 62

Middlesbrough 0 - 4 Aston Villa L
    L Moore 17
    K Phillips 23
    L Moore 61
    L Moore 63

Newcastle 2 - 0 Portsmouth L
    C N'Zogbia 40
    A Shearer 63

Alan shearer breaks the all time goalscoring record at newcastle.

I knew Villa would tonk Boro sadly i did'nt put any money on it.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Bloody typical, Blackburn raise their game immensly for United then piss it all away against West Brom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

luke moore starting to show some quality good to see he's a promising player...the curse for newcastle was obviously in sounesses pocket when he left

No rooney tonight for United, it'll be interesting to see how United do.
    With Ronaldo and Park playing, I expect them to go nuts and destory fulham.

Park :)

Gwan the ronnie! HOw the **** did the ball do that in the air, jesus christ, what a strike

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

I put €20 on Arsenal to take Birmingham @ 11/10, Arsenal aren't the team to lose two on the bounce.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

any streams? i've been tryin for ages with no luck! :(

Fulham pull one back, but Saha scores, with Ruud well ofside, well offside.

Whats the point in Coleman being sent to the stands, if he can just use a walkie talkie to talk with his bench

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

PHB wrote:
    Fulham pull one back, but Saha scores, with Ruud well ofside, well offside.

Whats the point in Coleman being sent to the stands, if he can just use a walkie talkie to talk with his bench

I can understand his annoynce though Ruud was a good yard offside for the assist.

Have to admit I voiced my doubts abouy Saha last season but he continues to prove me wrong with his recent performances . He has been very impressive of late so much so Fergie is resting Rooney for this one.

3 2 now good game end to end stuff

Bloody typical, Blackburn raise their game immensly for United then piss it all away against West Brom.

Exactly. They've had a lot of games lately though for a small squad. At least there's a week break now and then we've two next week against Everton and then Sunderland. Bellamy should be back by then.

Neville has having a ****e game imo, he should be subbed off. At fault for both goals, Evra also aint playing great at the back, but great going forward.
    Ferdinand is really being missed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

The comedy show that is United's defence continues, it's actually a joke. It's a good thing that Ruud and co are doing the business up front, because the backline is doing nothing to protect the goal.

and for some reason liverpool weren't able to score against them ffs :(
    given united's run of form, i will be very disappointed if pool dont beat them in the fa cup

The comedy show that is United's defence continues, it's actually a joke. It's a good thing that Ruud and co are doing the business up front, because the backline is doing nothing to protect the goal.

True 2 virtually free headers for fulham for the Goals . VDS may have done better for the second but where was Sylvestre for either one, pity he turned down that move to Lyon as he is rubbish lately. Houlier cetainly knows how to pick them.;)

Radzinski on.

Mike.

eyerer wrote:
    and for some reason liverpool weren't able to score against them ffs :(
    given united's run of form, i will be very disappointed if pool dont beat them in the fa cup

The reason for that is obvious , Liverpools forwards of the time were/are rubbish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

What about that goal that was offside, I wouldn't blaim Coleman for going mad, that linesman should be demoted for the rest of the reason clearly offiside.

irish1 wrote:
    What about that goal that was offside, I wouldn't blaim Coleman for going mad, that linesman should be demoted for the rest of the reason clearly offiside.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=50824742&postcount=34

They level themselves out over the season you know.;)

Oh I know but it was a terrible decision he was a good yard in front of all the back line not even close the Ref should have seen it.

I have a feeling there a goal or two more to come in this game.

irish1 wrote:

I have a feeling there a goal or two more to come in this game.

Me too

Heres Rooney I hope he's the scorer. Vidic on as well.

Must say also Villa had a great game today, played Boro off the park apparently, good to see O'Leary giving young Luke Moore a chance too he's starting to fulfill his potential.

ummm a bit of an incident off the ball in the Utd game, Fulham player was lucky there. John is on for Fulham he can be a real threat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

I am gutted about that third man u goal, is the ref blind?? :mad:

p.s. Ronnies back

Chris Colemans reaction to the offside goal graphically displayed why linesman very rarely give strikers the benefit of the doubt. There are dozens of wrong offside decisions every week in favour of the defending team and nobody bats an eyelid. A linesman gets one wrong for the first time in a blue moon in favour of a striker and there are calls for him to be demoted.

I have no problem with Colemans reaction because it was a poor decision but it was no poorer a decision than when a striker is flagged as offside when he is clearly on, which happens every week. The mindset in these circumstances is all wrong because in my opinion there is no difference ,in essence, between a wrong decision in favour of a defender and a wrong decision in favour of a striker. Benefit of the doubt to the attacking team my hole, 99% of the time it's in favour of the defending team.

Just remember the next time a player from your team is flagged off when he is yards on, and you're going mad, that the linesman probably wasn't sure so flagged him off anyway because he knows he won't get half as much of the flack if he had got it wrong the other way - as was the case today.

Nunu wrote:
    Agree with you Lemlin. I've made a tidy sum over the years betting against teams in their next game following a win over United. It's amazing how often it happens. Both Man City and Middlesbrough did it this season, but Blackburn did buck the trend after their win at Old trafford by beating of all teams West Brom in their next game. Still, I'm not going to break the habit that has made me money, West Brom win for me.

True to form. Money in the bank.:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭carpothepunk

Damn bolton,i did a weekend predictor,14 home wins,and i got 13...backstards,would have won 250 on a fiver stake:(

• Advertisement
Advertisement