Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know what the story is with repeats?

Options
  • 03-02-2006 7:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭

Hey,

I falied some exams in the 1st semester in 1st year arts.

anyone know what the story is with repeating in the summer?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

if the same module is being run again this semester afaik you can repeat module in may.... otherwise its in august

Anybody know if you fail a module that was 100% continuous assessment how do you repeat it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

Vic Mackey wrote:
    Hey,

I falied some exams in the 1st semester in 1st year arts.

anyone know what the story is with repeating in the summer?

study harder next time and stop spending so much time on here u bum:D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I probably spend longer on here than any of you and I still passed everything...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Vic Mackey

Study harder? my problem was i didnt study atall! :D

Ah well, im havin a good time at college! :cool:

That sort of attitude leads to repeat years...

• Advertisement

no way im gona fail da repeats, parents wouldnt pay for me to arse around for another year! lol!

Would it not have been more sensible to actually study during term and not have your summer clogged up with studying?

yea course, i didnt say otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

Somebody was telling me that if you marginally fail a subject, and pass everything else you can get passed at the end of year.... Anyone know is there any truth in this?

Gonna go fúcking crazy if I have to go back in Autumn for missing a pass on one by like 2.5% :/

In some courses, you can compensate if you've got enough marks in another subject. You'd have to check with your department to see exactly what the story was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

Well for any in my situation I found this on the guide to GPA's:
    E grades may convert to PCM (pass with compensation) where you have completed and obtained passing grades in modules accounting for 75% or more of the total credit required to successfully complete the stage (usually 9 modules) and the compensation GPA for the attempt at the stage is 2.25 or greater. Provisional E grades are then considered compensated and final grades of PCM are awarded. The grade of PCM carries a grade point of 2.0.

and

F is a failing grade. You will have to repeat this module in the autumn, unless otherwise advised. In a small number of cases, the module (or a similar module) may be offered again in the second semester by the School. In these cases you may be able to take the module in the second semester. The module must either be repeated or substituted with another module (consult your Programme Office for advice). Where modules are repeated, the grade point is capped at 2.0, irrespective of the actual grade awarded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Hey if you fail one of the summer exams, the repeats will be in August, yeah?

Does anyone know what dates they'd fall between? I'm lookin to book a holiday, so I need a date that exams will DEFINITELY not be after!

When will the timetable be released for them?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

if you're semesterised then I doubt the repeats are in august. Check with admin or your student advisor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

You mean they'd be earlier or later?

I emailed the exams office last night, so we'll see if they get back to me.

Advertisement