Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Last Mile" users - is termnating their contract bad?

• 03-02-2006 7:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭

I have just learned that in my area (Daingean), I can now get BB via the phone line with both Digiweb and Eircom. Currently, I pay €40 a month for a not-so-bad 512K connection. If I was to go for a comparable 1Mb connection, like the minimum offered by the hardline providers, its €120 a month!!! Its definitely not an option. We all know the average for a 1Mb hardline BB connection is €30 a month

However, as was pointed out to me in the contract we signed with Last Mile:
    In the event you want to cancel the Service, you must notify the Company in writing thirty (30) days prior to such cancellation. This notice must be
    e-mailed, faxed or mailed to the Company or otherwise delivered in accordance with the Company’s policies. Where the Service is cancelled before
    the conclusion of the 12 month contract the Subscriber will be liable for the full payment of all fees for the remainder of the contract period.

Can this be enforced? Anyone have any experience of attemptng to cancel their last Mile contract?

Seanie.

Advertisement