Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XP Log On problems

Options
  • 03-02-2006 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭

I brought my work laptop home and tried to connect it to my home pc. Obviously my work laptop and home pc had very different setups, one was configured to connect to a domain, the other was a standalone.

Stupidly I used Microsoft's Home Network setup which didn't seem to do much but requested that I restart my computer for the changes to take affect.

When I restarted my laptop the user name and password I normally were not accepted and the option to choose the Domain is not showing. So now I can't log in to my laptop.

Can I get around this without having to embarass myself in front of the networks admin lads at work?

I know I'm a melon for doing this so please go easy on me...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭Dizzyblabla

nope, unless you know the administrator password for the machine, and you'll have to be an admin on the domain to re-add it too... (and actually be on the network, you will definately have to be in the office anyway!)
    Don't worry, if you have a helpdesk, I'm sure they'll be used to it, I get at least 3 calls like that every weekend... "I just wanted to install my home printer" ha ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Clum

Got Admin password...problem solved for now.

Cheers.

Advertisement