Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

books books and more books

Options
  • 03-02-2006 8:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭

Anyone getting annoyed about the amount of books you have to buy during your time in ITT?? already have 3 books to get for this semister....with 48modules over 4 years means 20 or so books at €60 a pop (books which you will never use again)...€1,200 :eek: money down the drain if you ask me

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

The answer is, Don't buy them.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Oirthir

Or use the library. Or the Union's second hand bookshop. Or any secondhand bookshop. Or borrow a mates.

Or, like Giblet says, just don't bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Superdub2

its not that simple to simply not buy them. in many cases you cant do without. Im nearing the end of my time there and id suggest just live with it! unfortunate as it is!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Jk_Eire

library all the way!!
    Ive only ever bought one book in 4 years and I sold it on to some business sucker for the same price 2 years later.

although we have a book thats required reading this year and we have been told there is only one copy in the library. Since the subject has just been introduced this year its unlikely anybody else will have it or I can buy it from the SU.
    doh!

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭rick_fantastic

ah i get all my college books free!!!! have a nice extensive library of computer science books at home

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Photocopy tbh.

Advertisement