Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart Telecom free line rental??

• 03-02-2006 8:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi guys was just wondering has anyone here signed up to Smart Telecom and if so did they recieve the free line rental. Ive been talking to some people who did sign up but they havent recieved the free line rental.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

It only comes with one of their broadband packages :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Smileylynz

They dont mean actualy line rental, They mean free broadband line rental. i was with them for a few months, though it was really expensive , changed to bt, have a look at www.btireland.ie . they do some really good deals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭wanwarlock

very happy with smart. i pay e35 (for bb + phone line) + calls. if u get a smart line, u get bb as well, no seperate charge. 3mb dload, 256kbps upload, no limits...

what more can u ask for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭atheist

Erm, them being good to their word.
    No bb,
    charged line rental,
    account not changed to my name despite corrospondance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

Smileylynz wrote:
    They dont mean actualy line rental, They mean free broadband line rental. i was with them for a few months, though it was really expensive , changed to bt, have a look at www.btireland.ie . they do some really good deals.

Smart expensive? I don't think you'll find cheaper broadband in Ireland at this point in time.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

wind00ze wrote:
    Hi guys was just wondering has anyone here signed up to Smart Telecom and if so did they recieve the free line rental. Ive been talking to some people who did sign up but they havent recieved the free line rental.

Could you explain the exact circumstances of these people relative to Smart?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭Ardent

Smileylynz wrote:

Are you feeling ok?! Or do you work for BT? Looking at your link, to get the equivalent of what Smart are offering you're paying 15 euros more a month, and that's with a capped service?!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

I'd say he is talking about singing up to Smarts old telephone package that was CPS, not LLU BB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Jor

I signed up for SmatrBB with the free line rental about 10 months ago.
    First, they said it would me May-June.
    Then maybe November.
    I used the line checker on their web site last month and it said January.
    Tried it a few minutes ago and it says soon( -ish, or maybe not!).
    You won't get cheaper BB, so long as you don't mind waaaaaaaaa [mod edit] aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiting.
    :( :mad: :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Ah-well...

BT have good deals?? Obviosuly money or BB speeds aren't on your checlist when looking for Broadband! I'm with Smart and just got upgraded to download speed of 3meg last week free of charge. And yes, line rental is free for life. It's 35 euro all in. Have a look for yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 I didnt do it

I was with Eircom for broadband and phone.

I was paying €40 for broadband and €24 for telephone line rental. total = €64:mad:

Cahnged to Smart for broadband and phone:

€35 for broadband and €0 for telephone line rental. Total = €35:D

Saving €29.
    Faster download and upload speeds and no download cap.

this is BT's offer
    €40 per month
    Speeds up to 3Mb download/384Kb upload
    Download limit of 30GB per month
    Wireless modem upgrade €40
    Reduced one-time connection fee €40
    Free connection if you are transferring from another Broadband provider and do not require a modem from BT.
    Six month minimum term
    for an extra €10 you can get line rental.

Thats €15 more than Smart plus a download cap of 30G:(

Smart is clearly the best for price and I have had no complaints so far in the 6 months I have had them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 ur-lord

Ive been with just about every BB company in Dublin NTL, Irish BB, bt etc..

Smart telecom is by far the best and cheapest.....bit of a delay in getting it set up though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Recently moved from Digiweb DSL to Smart - must say i'm very happy with the service. Another plus point is that Smart is ADSL2+ which means that it can work over poor lines - even ones that fail the Eircom line test.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Anarchist

I was with Eircom for broadband and phone.

I was paying €40 for broadband and €24 for telephone line rental. total = €64:mad:

Cahnged to Smart for broadband and phone:

€35 for broadband and €0 for telephone line rental. Total = €35:D

Saving €29.
    Faster download and upload speeds and no download cap.

this is BT's offer
    €40 per month
    Speeds up to 3Mb download/384Kb upload
    Download limit of 30GB per month
    Wireless modem upgrade €40
    Reduced one-time connection fee €40
    Free connection if you are transferring from another Broadband provider and do not require a modem from BT.
    Six month minimum term
    for an extra €10 you can get line rental.

Thats €15 more than Smart plus a download cap of 30G:(

Smart is clearly the best for price and I have had no complaints so far in the 6 months I have had them.
    As the man said!
    Plus we will have the chance to purchase various faster packages and NO cap!
    and the online customer service is superb!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

You should all stop giving out, i have satelliute broadband because of no availablility, i have a 512kbps dl and 128kbps upl and i am paying 100 a month

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

shortys94 wrote:
    You should all stop giving out, i have satelliute broadband because of no availablility, i have a 512kbps dl and 128kbps upl and i am paying 100 a month

Ridiculously expensive. Do you play online games?
    Such a farce the country we live in.
    I mean, what exactly are you paying that much for? - the upkeep of NASA?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

Yea thats what i thought too, digiweb satellite, and thats the cheapest for the speed!!!!

o what a world, big difference after moving from the states

Advertisement