Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

84N Nitelink

Options
  • 03-02-2006 9:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Does anyone know if the 84N nitelink goes up to charlesland? Haven't tried it yet but don't want to get stranded in the town...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

CatD wrote:
    Does anyone know if the 84N nitelink goes up to charlesland? Haven't tried it yet but don't want to get stranded in the town...

Hi, we got it from town a few weeks ago, and it dropped us as far as the first roundabout (the one just past the dart station). It only took about 50 minutes from town as well which was good going.

It apparently also has pick-up points so you can get it from Blackrock also.

Eoin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 CatD

thanks for that. will give it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

CatD wrote:
    There's a Finnegan bus aswell that leaves later if the night is going well.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

84N is @ 0200 and 0400
    Finnegans is at 0100 (to Bray only) and 0300 (to Gstones and Kilcoole) - leaves from Clearys.

the lack of anything from 2330 (last DART) to 0200 is a bit of a pain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 dublingirl

CatD wrote:

If you look on the the thread - Charlesland anyone moving there? - it says somewhere there that if you ask the driver when you get on in Dublin he will go up to Charlesland... check it out - let me know if this works as I'd be interested

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭vasch_ro

loyatemu wrote:
    84N is @ 0200 and 0400
    Finnegans is at 0100 (to Bray only) and 0300 (to Gstones and Kilcoole) - leaves from Clearys.

the lack of anything from 2330 (last DART) to 0200 is a bit of a pain.

finnegans will also stop on the way, give them a bell before so they can expect
    you if its somewhere unusual

dublingirl wrote:
    If you look on the the thread - Charlesland anyone moving there? - it says somewhere there that if you ask the driver when you get on in Dublin he will go up to Charlesland... check it out - let me know if this works as I'd be interested

Didn't work for us :(
    We were left out at the first roundabout, and the combination of extremely windy weather and quite a lot of booze made for a long walk home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭wingding

Does anyone know where in town after Clerys the Finegans bus does pickups. I heard it on the radio a while back but can't remember. I'm planning on getting the last dart, but it's always good intentions until the drink starts flowing!:D

wingding wrote:
    Does anyone know where in town after Clerys the Finegans bus does pickups. I heard it on the radio a while back but can't remember. I'm planning on getting the last dart, but it's always good intentions until the drink starts flowing!:D

Finnegans do a coach service back to Greystones at night?

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Sparks115

Hi all... I got Finnegans Coach 2 weeks ago from town. It stops outside Trinity college near where the no.7 bus stop & guided tour bus stop is. The 1 o'clock bus only goes to Bray so I asked the driver where in Bray he stopped so I could get a cab. He called a number and booked a cab for me and when we arrived in Bray 40 mins later there was a Lovely Merc cab waiting for me to bring me home!!! PUUUUUUUrfect. Excellent service. He said the 3am bus does go up to charlesland as the driver is from Kicoole so he goes that way home. Have to say was very impresed. The bus cost €5 and the taxi from Bray to Greystones cost €10. Better than paying €60 in a taxi all the way from town.

• Advertisement

INCH wrote:
    Hi all... I got Finnegans Coach 2 weeks ago from town. It stops outside Trinity college near where the no.7 bus stop & guided tour bus stop is. The 1 o'clock bus only goes to Bray so I asked the driver where in Bray he stopped so I could get a cab. He called a number and booked a cab for me and when we arrived in Bray 40 mins later there was a Lovely Merc cab waiting for me to bring me home!!! PUUUUUUUrfect. Excellent service. He said the 3am bus does go up to charlesland as the driver is from Kicoole so he goes that way home. Have to say was very impresed. The bus cost €5 and the taxi from Bray to Greystones cost €10. Better than paying €60 in a taxi all the way from town.

Thanks, that's good to know. I got the nightlink last weekend and the driver left me at the dart station:eek: I thought they were meant to go up to the first roundabout, when I questioned him he said he wanted to go home! I contacted dublin bus and they said that the dart station was the last stop?

What nights does it run? Weekday pints in town are looking like an option now maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

the 84n is only weekends.

not sure about the finnegans

eoin_s wrote:
    What nights does it run? Weekday pints in town are looking like an option now maybe?
    I'm pretty sure it's only weekends.:(

wingding wrote:
    I'm pretty sure it's only weekends.:(

Crap, though it looks like I have landed a job in Bray anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Sparks115

In think Finnegans may do a service on a Thursday as well as the weekend from what I can remember. Then again I had a few dwinkies on me so not too sure if I got that right. Congrats on the new job!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

84N COLLEGE STREET-BRAY / GREYSTONESnitelink.gifTownsend Street, Ringsend, Sandymount Tower, Strand Road, Merrion Gates, Blackrock, Temple Hill, Deansgrange, Cabinteely Village, Shankill, Woodbrook Roundabout, Bray Main Street, Greystones
    Outbound pick-up points: Ringsend Village (just before the Garda Station), Blackrock Park, Deansgrange Cross (outside SuperValu), Cabinteely Village, Shankill Village, Bray Main Street (outside McCarthy's Shop)

Departures Friday / Saturday: 0200 and 0400 hours.
    No Sunday to Thursday service.

Fare: €4.00 to Bray, €6.00 beyond Bray

Operative Date: January 2006

Advertisement