Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Campbell's Dwarf Hamster - Diabetes

Options
  • 04-02-2006 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

Hi Guys!

I recently found out that one of my Campbell's Dwarf Hamsters is Diabetic. It's been recommended that I get a certain brand of hamster food, Harry Hamster (by Supreme) as this brand has no added sugar, and the bits of fruit, corn, peas etc. that a diabetic can't have can easily be picked out from this mixture. Well I've walked Cork City and none of the pet shops I've been in has it, or is willing to order it. I've also done an internet search, can't be gotten on either of the two Irish online petshops and some customs thing means I can't order it internationally, so I'm stumped...

If anyone knows of anywhere I could get this food (I'll travel the length and breadth of the country for my lil guy if I have to), or if anyone with experience with diabetic hamsters can suggest an alternative it'd be very much appreciated. Also, since this is my first time looking after a diabetic hammie any other advice/ useful tips would really help... Thanks :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I believe pet connection sells it this is in Portlaoise mind you! Give the shop a call on 050262118

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭genegenie

Shall do! Thanking you kindly!!! :)

If she does not have it - Browns animal feeds may they are also in portloaise on the Clonminham ind estate - Sorry but I do not know their number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

I think Petstop Superstore in Blanchardstown have it but you'd have to ring them and ask them. Though i'll just warn u they are useless for any other information about animals.

Did you manage to find the food? & is the hamster ok??

• Advertisement
Advertisement