Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Download Speed

• 04-02-2006 12:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭

I have a question on my broadband download speed.

When I run through http://www.irishisptest.com/myspeed/
    my download speed is 2.92M (3mb line from NTL wqith Netgear wireless router)

yet whenever I go to download files it starts at about 150K/ps before slowly dropping all the way to 20K/ps.

Web pages open no problem and very quickly but the downloads are very slow.

What can I do to speed up the downloads ? Is there some way to trace the problem ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

It's not only you, everyone is having those problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Depends where you are downloading from... Try downloading the 31MB "ls-lR" file from here (heanet). Let it run for a minute and tell us what your speed is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

What are you downloading? Where are you downloading from? And how are you downloading?

For now...based on the information provided... get out and push
    oO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭wardie

It downloaded at a constant 350K. I assume that means the biggest concern when downloading is the site you are downloading from.

Advertisement