Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Japanese DS - power convertor question

Options
  • 04-02-2006 1:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭

Im getting a japanese DS off someone who bought it over there but never used it over here. I cant find a concrete answer googling, but I have a power convertor for playing my US ntsc gamecube over here and was wondering will that i be able to plug the japanese power cable into that aswell? I saw this posted on one forum:

"I dunno, I live in America and have a Japanese DS. I charge it every night with the charger that came with it and never had any problems. So you're probably right, it has some kind of autoswitch."

It would be great if someone could confirm that!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Any European DS or GBA SP charger should work. The charger just steps down the voltage from the mains to a voltage the DS can use. Or if you're nervous, Lik-Sang does a multi-voltage charger very cheaply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

You will be fine if you just buy one of those spare charger cable for UK/Ireland. The ports are the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

Thanks, ye I ordered a DS charger off ebay for 1p (postage 3.99 sterling) so should be fine.

Advertisement