Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Boa :)

Options
  • 04-02-2006 2:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭

Ok just bragging really - here is a few pics of my new Common Boa.

DSCF2487-1.jpg
    DSCF2469-1.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Its... lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Nice!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Nice--Where`d you buy it Bond??And if you dont mind me asking how much??How old is it??

Im in the mood for a new snake and Im not sure whether to go for a Carpet python,Royal,Common Boa,Rosy boa.....the list is endless...................aaaargh decisions,decisions.
    Ben even had a few not so well known Aussie pythons in there a couple of weeks ago and maybe something different might suit me.

What size does the common boa grow to??

Thats a beauty though.
    Richie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

My father brought the snake for me from my localk pet store in Portlaoise - he/she was €250 - was sold as 2foot plus snake but is actually 39-40inches long. They grown between 5 & 9 feet in the wild they can get to 12 feet - Not sure how old but I assum its over 2 years old - they can last 25-40 years. I had a lovely Royal & was after one again but as much as I loved Syd all he did was hide - he only woke up once hungry - my new snake is active every day - on his log climbing around & is nice & placid - I have him out most days for a cuddle - feeds once a week on rats - eats defrosts with no problems.

On my list of wants are kings, rosys & rainbows - then I think my snake collection will be complete - although I did see yellow annacondas in Daves Jungle they were female €300 & male either €200 or €250 - STUNNING looking! females will reach a maximum of 9 feet long & annacondas are semi aquatic imagine the set up you could have! - I am veryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy tempted!

Need to get my boa sexed - have a feeling as it has quiet a small head that its male but I may be wrong!

Advertisement