Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No creativity freedom

• 04-02-2006 3:15am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭

Ok i've created a new game with Fulham to test out how effective giving your players no creative freedom. I bought one player, other than that it's the default team from the start... I've played 6 games so far and here are the results:

Fulham 2 - 1 West Ham
    Bolton 1 - 3 Fulham
    Portsmouth 3 - 1 Fulham (Dunno what happened there, players just lost it :()
    Newcastle 2 - 3 Fulham
    Fulham 1 - 1 Everton
    Arsenal 1 - 3 Fulham

So that's 4 wins 1 draw 1 loss, I'm sitting pretty at 3rd, 2 points behind Newcastle with one game on hand... I'll do more experimenting tomorrow and let you know how effective little CF can be... ciao!

[EDIT] Oh, and I also gave the player with most Creativity full Creative Freedom, the rest have none [/EDIT]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Demeant0r wrote:

[EDIT] Oh, and I also gave the player with most Creativity full Creative Freedom, the rest have none [/EDIT]
    Interesting. Who's the creative player? Malbranque maybe?
    Also, what do the goals look like with no creative freedom? Long balls and the like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

Yeah, its malbranque. The goals for me are normally passes into the wingers who cross it and then I score with a header. But it can sometimes be very neat short passes into the area and score with the foot. I'll update the progress later along with the tactic I use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

Ok here's a report on how I did 2/3 of the way through the season:

Please bear in mind that I have had 4-5 injuries CONSTANTLY throughout these games so this does not truly reflect how well this 'no creative freedom' tactic works.

Fulham 0 - 0 Birmingham
    Fulham 0 - 1 Man U
    Fulham 1 - 1 Blackburn
    Middlesbrough 1 - 2 Fulham
    Wigan 1 - 2 Fulham
    Man City 2 - 2 Fulham
    Charlton 0 - 0 Fulham
    Fulham 0 - 2 Chelsea
    Sunderland 2 - 2 Fulham
    Tottenham 0 - 2 Fulham
    Fulham 1 - 1 Aston Villa
    West Brom 1 - 0 Fulham
    Man U 4 - 1 Fulham (Dunno how I managed to lose by so much :()
    Fulham 1 - 1 Portsmouth
    Fulham 2 - 2 Liverpool (I came back from 0 - 2 down to draw 2 - 2 so I was happy with that :))
    Fulham 1 - 1 Newcastle
    Everton 3 - 2 Fulham (I had been leading 0 - 2 at half time, but then Everton somehow rampaged back to beat me 3 - 2 :()
    Fulham 2 - 3 Arsenal (Same as the Everton game except I got Boa Morte sent off, and this was right after he gave me his transfer request, bastard!)

Right now I am sitting at 8th 2 points behind 6th spot UEFA place...

This 'no creative freedom' setting is working very well, in my other games I usually end up ~10th with most of season spent in bottom half of the league, I've never slipped out from top 10 using this setting. This setting would work like a treat if you can prevent your key players from being injured, which I couldn't do... :(

Advertisement