Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why lock this thread?

Options
  • 04-02-2006 4:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=50822732

I'm sure there's a logical reason for this that I'm just not seeing, but why was the above thread locked, only to remain open for mods only?

Is that not what the uber secret forum is for?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Because absolutely NOBODY needs to know the second part of that thread. :)

After that the mods went off the rails and had a bit of fun. Yes, we have fun on occasion too.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

because mods can post by clicking the locked button, its great :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

I think the question is why shouldn't I have locked it tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

And the other question is

SAAARRSSSGAAARD

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

blood...lol.
    Contribution!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Devon

Oh God what I have I started? :p

Seriously though, I didn't know mods could reply when the thread was locked. I thought each mod had to unlock it, post, and then lock it again, which puzzled me somewhat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

Same reason I'm locking this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Love?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

jerryadams wrote:
    Seriously though, I didn't know mods could reply when the thread was locked. I thought each mod had to unlock it, post, and then lock it again, which puzzled me somewhat.
    No, if you're a mod on the forum in question you can just post. For SMods and Admins that means every forum. I have to admit that sometimes I don't see the little lock and do it by accident. This time I'm just being a bit silly :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement