Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus home from night out

Options
  • 04-02-2006 11:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭

Hey just wondering if there are buses running after twelve?
    I live in swords but wouldnt mind heading into town some night and was just wondering if they do run where from and until what time?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭rugbug86

night link - search www.dublinbus.ie for exact times but AFAIK they're every hour at 30 mins past the hour until 4.30...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

get the air coach,so plush and luxurious

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

See here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭d-arke

Get the 33N Nightlink from D'Olier street, just across O'Connell Bridge.

They leave at 12.30am, 2am, and 3.30am. Not sure about price, last time I got one was before Christmas, I think, and it was about €6/7.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Get the 41 nitelink if you live in Swords. Its goes through Rivervalley, down through Main Street and then up rathbeale road to Swords Manor. To Swords the fares 4euro. The 41N is more frequent than the 33N. If you live just off Main street you can also get the 33N. Both leave from D'Olier street, the stop is just at Q-Bar/Club 21.

The Aircoach only goes as far as the airport.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

Dont go upstairs on the 33/41 Nitelink (1) The loonies sit up there (2) You might conk out asleep and wake up in Balbriggan bus station.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Rockee wrote:
    Dont go upstairs on the 33/41 Nitelink (1) The loonies sit up there (2) You might conk out asleep and wake up in Balbriggan bus station.:D

Yeah was meant to say that!! Esp. on a Saturday night! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

Yeah, I live in Rush and my stop is fairly invisible at that time of night so I gotta stay awake!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

OR

u could come out with me!! i was feckin out on saturday night in town and all!

hey, its my birthday saturday night so ur comin out. stop bein a pussy. u can crash in mine if u dont know which nitelink to get.

Rockee wrote:

Balbriggan bus station?!? You'll have to point that one out to me. Doesn't matter where you sit on the bus everyone is drunk, plus once you fall asleep nothings going to wake you, until you learn to time it so wake up close to your stop. Although in saying that Balbriggan is my last stop so I can just nodd off regardless and the driver will wake me up, though he hasn't yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

d-arke wrote:
    Although in saying that Balbriggan is my last stop so I can just nodd off regardless and the driver will wake me up, though he hasn't yet

You should ask your brother about the time he fell asleep on the (last) nightlink and ended up back in Summerhill depot.

I nearly pissed myself laughing at the time.

Bluetonic wrote:
    You should ask your brother about the time he fell asleep on the (last) nightlink and ended up back in Summerhill depot.

I nearly pissed myself laughing at the time.

Where's Summerhill depot???

d-arke wrote:
    Where's Summerhill depot???

Thats exactly what he said at the time too.

It's off Mountjoy Square, unsurprisingly in Summerhill - the north inner city.

Bluetonic wrote:
    Thats exactly what he said at the time too.

It's off Mountjoy Square, unsurprisingly in Summerhill - the north inner city.

Haha :D I know where your talking about now. How the hell did he manage that?!? :D How the hell the did he get home? Can you imagine paying €6 to get home from town, doing a round trip back into town, and then having to pay a taxi €40 to get home. Ah man thats priceless! :p

I'll definitely be mentioning that! Maybe he's the reason why the bus drivers make sures nobodys left sleeping on the bus now. :p

d-arke wrote:
    Haha :D I know where your talking about now. How the hell did he manage that?!? :D How the hell the did he get home? Can you imagine paying €6 to get home from town, doing a round trip back into town, and then having to pay a taxi €40 to get home. Ah man thats priceless! :p

I'll definitely be mentioning that! Maybe he's the reason why the bus drivers make sures nobodys left sleeping on the bus now. :p

Ah this was back the guts of 7/8 years ago now I'd say.

If memory serves me correctly the tight scotish git waited until the first bus/train home the next morning, which was only two hours away anyhow.

Lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

does the nitelink stop at all the usual stops when necessary? i.e, the 31N goes through these places it says on the website: D'Olier Street, Fairview (Marino Tech), Dollymount, Raheny (Cahill Motors), Sutton Cross, Carrickbrack, Howth Summit, Howth., but could i get on or off at other stops?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

You can get off at any stop (if safe), but you can only get on at 2-4 specific stops, details on the website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭TapouT

Get a taxi, its more expensive but you don't get the hassle you will with the 'fight link'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭nollaig

Does the nightlink run every night or just weekends?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Generally it doesn't run Sunday and reduced services (fewer departures and not all route options) run Monday-Thursday. But look at the website.

Advertisement