Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E45 cream

Options
  • 04-02-2006 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭

Is it ok to put this on a week old tat?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

So long as it has no petroleum or alcohol then it should be grand. I think E45 doesn't have them anyway since it's designed for people healing eczema. I used to use bepanthen nappy cream on my tattoos before l tried tattoo goo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Would "cetaphil" be good for new tattoo's too? Im just curious. Im looking at the ingredients in it at the moment and it contains "cetearyl alcohol", "stearyl alcohol" and "benzyl alcohol". It contains a hell of a lot more stuff, but thats the alcoholy stuff. Its for severe dry skin etc. my brother uses it because he has eczema. No steroids in it and its all natural as far as i know

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

Wilburt wrote:
    Would "cetaphil" be good for new tattoo's too? Im just curious. Im looking at the ingredients in it at the moment and it contains "cetearyl alcohol", "stearyl alcohol" and "benzyl alcohol". It contains a hell of a lot more stuff, but thats the alcoholy stuff. Its for severe dry skin etc. my brother uses it because he has eczema. No steroids in it and its all natural as far as i know

Is that a prescription cream or over the counter? Moisturizers with alcohol aren't really intended for broken skin AFAIK. You're better off minimizing any irritation you can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

E45 is for nappy rash too AFAIK that'd make it fine for tats too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

I used Preparation H cream to reduce swelling on my tattoo and I also used Nivea Moisturiser on it. I had no problems with either of those.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

E45 is water based (i think) so it's good for tattoos. It's what I used for mine anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

When I got my first tattoo E45 cream was what they recommended, but I asked about Cortopin (think that was the name, pretty sure it's changed since), it's the same but with a different pH AFAIK, and they said it sounded like it should be fine too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Fair Enough

I was told to use "Bepanthen" cream. It's a nappy rash cream.
    Was told not to use E45 or Savlon cause they can draw black out of a new tatt. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shelli

I was told when I got my first tat to use vasoline!!! (that place has since closed TG) on all my others I've used E45 and it works grand, although I have heard about that bepanthen stuff and it's supposed to be brilliant so I might give it a try next.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Shelli wrote:
    I was told when I got my first tat to use vasoline!!! (that place has since closed TG) on all my others I've used E45 and it works grand, although I have heard about that bepanthen stuff and it's supposed to be brilliant so I might give it a try next.

Yeah Vaseline will have the opposite to desired effect an dry the scabs out and could cause terrible problems.

Anything for nappy rash is generally good, if it's good enough for a babies bottom then it's also good enough for a big hairy biker tat :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Thanks for replies, just fyi i normally use bephanten as it seems to minimise scabbing and was just wondering as had some dry skin on my back.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 mags82

When i got my tatt i was told to use Preperation H and i didn't have any problems its the best my 2 older brothers swear by it and they both are coverd in tatts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭baz909

I used the "Prep H" and the the tat turned out great, only bad thing is the smell!

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Sean7

Bepanthen cream, you can get it from Boots, and probably most chemists. It's for nappy rash and that but it's great fot tats when they're healing. It's "breathable" but its semi-waterproof so you can put it on before a shower and stuff. On for about week and a half to two weeks and you're sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Can people actually read the question i was asking if its ok to out it on a week old tat to deal with some dry skin, i'm well aware of how to heal a tat, the question has been answered so can someone close this?

Advertisement