Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Irony

Options
  • 04-02-2006 12:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭

now i know not everyone on this forum hunts game, but alot do. something i have noticed is how friendly most people are here. people here seems more egar to help others, then on the other boards.ie forums i use.
    but alot of people would class us as cold blooded, redneck, murderers ect... :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Clare gunner

Belive it or not,you will find that in any shooting community.I've found that if you are a hunter or shooter and you go to any other country in the world and meet a like minded person.you will find they will bend over backwards to help you,not even in shooting related matters.Even if you cant speak a word of their langauge.Funnly enough even in the Olympics,the interchange of help ,talk ,advice,etc between the shooting teams of different countries is apprently amazing and totally unique to any of the other sports.Or so I am told.

Guess it is just a shooting thing,that unless you shoot you will never understand it.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Funnly enough even in the Olympics,the interchange of help ,talk ,advice,etc between the shooting teams of different countries is apprently amazing and totally unique to any of the other sports.

Well, it's not quite that gregarious before a match (everyone getting their heads into the game and so on). But apart from that, it's pretty friendly because when you're on the line, noone else can interfere with you, it's not really a compete-against-others so much as a compete-against-yourself sort of thing. And you can tell anyone how you train because noone else will shoot exactly the same way you do. I can put all the details of my training up on my blog, and it doesn't disadvantage me in any way. It's one of the neat things about the sport - you always know it's a fair competition :)

Advertisement