Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

John Obi Mikel thread

• 04-02-2006 12:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭

I figure we can actually have a thread on this without it falling into a flame war if we just look at where the kid is going, so theres been some news of late:

Fergie says this:
    "To be honest, we haven't heard a thing from Fifa," he complained to Sky Sports News.

"It's worrying us. Fifa said they would rely on the court decision and the court decision was in our favour.

"We've been back to Fifa and we've heard nothing.

"He's a marvellous player, a really fantastic player.

"I hope so," he said when asked if Mikel could still wear a red shirt rather than a blue one. "I think we have the right, without question.

"I think if you were to sit that boy down, away from all the pressure he's under, all the supposed threats he's had.

"You ask him who he wants to play for - it will be Manchester United.

"I really do believe that."

Then Mikel himself said this:
    "It (the tug-of-war) is something that has happened," Mikel told Eurosport. "It is going to be sorted, I want it to be sorted.

"I just want people to realise I have a future to go ahead with.

"I don't like this, it has been a lot, and I want to people to know I have a future to get on with."

Then his Agents says this:
    "Mikel wishes to reiterate that whatever Sir Alex Ferguson, for whom he has the utmost respect, may think, his wish is to play for Chelsea," said the statement issued on behalf of Mikel by London-based solicitors Russells.

"Hopefully, Sir Alex and Manchester United will now respect and accept that decision so that a resolution to this matter can finally be found."

Anyone noticed first off, the clear change in tone.
    They are pleading with United, which means either they k now FIFA are going to rule in United's way, or that they have realised United aren't backing down and they have no case, or that Chelsea have gotten annoyed about all this bad press(that they aren't actually getting, but will after the report)

Furthermore, from a Mikel point of view, it seems like he just wants to get on with it, and doesn't care who he is playing for, he just wants to play. I think once Fergie said what i've been saying, as in once he is down at Carrington, everything will be great, Mikel knows this too, and is happy to accept it.
    Although I might be reading into it :P

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

i hope he ends up at Utd.He would be better off as he has a better chance of getting a game than at chelsea where he would be competeing with essien, lampard and co for places.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭TonyD79

obi one.jpg

Judging by this photo he seems very happy to be "forced into a manu jersey"

But what the hell is going on with FIFA? If manu played an illegally registered player in the champions leage they would throw the book at them yet their slow when it comes to this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

That picture looks very fake to me. Since when have United jerseys had the crest in the centre?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭TheMonster

http://www.aftenposten.no/english/sports/article1037975.ece

I suppose that is a wax dummy of jim ryan. It is widely known he did a press conference for United. Unless you have your factst rights don't bother contributing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

TheMonster, I assume he was joking :)

• Advertisement

I think lemin will probably say thats a good bit of photoshopping!

What stinks is that growing up in Nigera kids would have either supported Manu,Arsenal or Liverpool.

I d laugh if he goes to Chelsea and relises after 2/3 years that he cant make a move to a truely big club like Real/barca,Milan or Juve because of his contract and chelsea's unwillingness to sell.

TheMonster wrote:
    http://www.aftenposten.no/english/sports/article1037975.ece

I suppose that is a wax dummy of jim ryan. It is widely known he did a press conference for United. Unless you have your factst rights don't bother contributing.

I stand corrected. That picture looked a bit strange to me though, I haven't seen too many United jerseys with the crest dead in the centre, as it looked there. (Edit: I just checked Google there and its the youth team jersey).

Anyway, Fergie said in his press conference yesterday that he still believes if you sat Obi-Mikel down and asked him, he'd say he wants to play for United.

It'd be a good laugh now if he ended up going to Liverpool or Arsenal :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

It appears tha Fergie is still keen on him playing for United despite all the hassle surrounding him . I can't see them sell him to Chelsea under any circumstances o if he wants to get on with his career as he says he should drop the whole Chelsea thing and honour the contract he signed.He is young and can always move on later on in his career if he really wants to play for them.

they should sell him to barcelona..since they have a habit of letting world class players slip through their grasp and go there!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

Lemlin wrote:
    Since when have United jerseys had the crest in the centre?
    You cant be serious??

• Advertisement

The latest from Soccernet.com:

Tug-of-war teenager John Obi Mikel still wants to snub Manchester United in favour of a move to Chelsea.

Mikel's legal advisors are currently assessing the implications of a ruling by the Norwegian courts that any investigation into his contract with Lyn Oslo is a matter for the footballing authorities.

Only when that issue is resolved can FIFA launch any probe into Mikel's failure to honour a separate contract with Manchester United, who believe they have a legally binding agreement for the 18-year-old to move to Old Trafford.

United boss Sir Alex Ferguson stated on Friday he felt, freed from any outside pressures, Mikel would still prefer to link up with the Red Devils.

However, just hours after Mikel had used a TV interview to call for the whole sorry saga to be resolved, his legal team clarified a resolution for the young Nigerian meant being freed to join the Premiership champions.

'Mikel wishes to reiterate that whatever Sir Alex Ferguson, for whom he has the utmost respect, may think, his wish is to play for Chelsea,' said the statement issued on behalf of Mikel by London-based solicitors Russells.

'Hopefully, Sir Alex and Manchester United will now respect and accept that decision so that a resolution to this matter can finally be found.'

Given the antipathy which has arisen through the case, the prospect of United merely allowing Mikel to depart a free agent is highly unlikely.

As Chelsea have also shown little inclination to offer the Red Devils a transfer fee for the midfielder, the legal wranglings seem set to go on for months.

It means the current African Nations Cup campaign could well signal the last meaningful action in Mikel's career for the foreseeable future.

'This is something that has just happened and I wish it could be sorted out,' he told Eurosport.

'I want it to be sorted out. I want people to realise I have a future to go ahead with. I do not like being like this.

'There has been a lot of talk but I just want to get out on the pitch and play. That is what I love doing.'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

This is what happens when kids agents influence them. He is a Man Utd player and if Chelsea want him they are going to have to pay quite a lot for him.

And knowing Utd i would imagine the fee will be well over 10 million.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Lemlin wrote:
    That picture looks very fake to me. Since when have United jerseys had the crest in the centre?
    Have you seen the jersey they have been wearing for the past 1 and a half years!?

van_nistelrooy_ruud_mufc_profile_2005.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

sprinkles wrote:
    Have you seen the jersey they have been wearing for the past 1 and a half years!?

thank god i wasnt the only one that noticed him saying that!

sprinkles wrote:

van_nistelrooy_ruud_mufc_profile_2005.jpg

I was thinking of the old jersey. I don't pay much attention to United jerseys. More concerned with Blackburn's TBH.

Yeh, the thing is do you notice the huge difference between what Mikel says, and what his lawyers say.
    If Mikel comes out and had said the stuff his lawyers have said, on behalf of him, or more accurately his agent, then fine, but he hasn't, hence why Fergie still has hope.

p.s.

United bought him for 6 million.
    If they want to sell him on, considering the prospect he is, they will demand at least 15, and they will not sell him to Chelsea, especially considering the fact they could have Essien and Mikel as their future midfield, something Fergie would not like to see.

A figure of 10 mil was mooted in the papers over the past week or so but considering his display in the african cup of nations I'd say that fugure could be up around the 15 as you said.

I'd like to hear an interview with Obi himself and hear him say he either did or did not want to join united. (If there is one will someone post a link)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Does he honsestly think Fergie will just say, "alright, you clearly want to play for Chelsea, here's the deeds Mr. Kenyon"..........?
    I know he's a talent, but if he doesn't want to be there then he doesn't want to be there. Let Chelsea pay over the odds if they want him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Lemlin wrote:
    I was thinking of the old jersey. I don't pay much attention to United jerseys. More concerned with Blackburn's TBH.

But I thought you knew everything about football? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

fixed.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭gsand

I thought the figure paid was closer to 4 million?

Nonetheless I'm of the opinion that if he gets to man utd he'll be happy enough but he has such a ridiculous entourage at this stage that he might be retired before the next time he plays.

Such a pity as he could have an impact for man utd this season if he gets there...

I was wondering about this, if the contract is held up as valid, then it means he joined United on January the 1st, and inturn is a valid player for the rest of the season?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Kenyon gives his opinion on this topic,
    Chelsea chief executive Peter Kenyon said the club has been "dragged" into a battle with Manchester United over the signature of Nigeria's John Obi Mikel.

United believe the Blues have hijacked the 18-year-old's move to Old Trafford and have subsequently asked football's governing body, Fifa, to investigate.

"We have been dragged into this on the basis that the player wants to come to us," said Kenyon.

"If that gets sorted, and he becomes available, we'd like to sign him."

Mikel, who played at the African Cup of Nations, signed a deal with United from Norwegian side Lyn Oslo but later said he had been forced to put pen-to-paper and wanted to join Chelsea.

It later emerged that United and Lyn then wrote to Fifa, claiming that agents acting on behalf of Chelsea attempted to induce the player to breach agreements he had made.

They want Fifa to consider imposing a transfer ban on the Blues as well as barring them from certain tournaments.

The Nigerian teenager's lawyer issued a statement criticising United for making it difficult for their client to choose his next destination.

"Mikel is very concerned United have failed to accept his decision as to where he wants to play," he told BBC Five Live.

"Nor have they entered into any sort of constructive dialogue to resolve this."

Taken from BBCSPORT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Would love to hear from the kid. I for one don't want him at the club if he'd prefer to be at Chelski.

This is going to drag on and on... Obi should just accept that he signed a contract, join up with united and hand in a transfer request if he wants to leave, other wise he's not going to be seeing much football any time soon.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

fade2black wrote:
    Would love to hear from the kid. I for one don't want him at the club if he'd prefer to be at Chelski.

I'd say its more to do with agents rather than the kid himself. As PHB I think it was said on here, get him to Man U for a week and he wont be long about changing his mind.

However, all he needs to do is look at whats happening to Wright-Philips at Chelsea and he may change his mind fairly quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

fade2black wrote:
    Totally agrre with you. This from the BBC website "I know where I want to go and I think Chelsea is the better place for me to be" John Obi Mikel" link => http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/4664656.stm . Seems to be a crazy situation where Manu are insisting he play, when he clearly does'nt want to. If the guy is made go to Manu I would sell him on ASAP, no matter how good he looks.

Aquos76 wrote:
    I'd say its more to do with agents rather than the kid himself. As PHB I think it was said on here, get him to Man U for a week and he wont be long about changing his mind.

However, all he needs to do is look at whats happening to Wright-Philips at Chelsea and he may change his mind fairly quickly.
    Totally agree about getting him to old trafford for a week.

I can't understand why players, especiallly young players want to go to chelsea when they've seent he effects on players careers such as SWP and Scott parker. There are only 11 positions on the pitch and chelsea have them all covered in double.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

what i cant understand is why this is taking so long, its going on for 6 months now, and still nothing. its a pure joke, the lad must have some serious issues or else his agent is wrecking his head. united should forget about him and move on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

.. united should forget about him and move on.

No They should not. He should be made honour the contract he was happy to sign or United should sell him at a considerable profit to the club of their choosing . If players are allowed out of legally binding contracts just because they get their head turned by a big money offer the smaller clubs are the ones that will suffer most. There is a principle at stake here that could have wide ranging negative implications for all clubs if United concede to Chelsea tactics.

If Frank lampard or Stephen Gerrard or Thiery Henry issued a statement saying they wanted their contract nullified so they could play for Man United would the clubs or fans here say they should be allowed do that? No They would not so why should United be any different?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

You think UTD should drop it because its doing your head in, this boy is possibly one of the best young players in the world, the same potential Rooney and Messi have. The same spark that a certain 17yr old brazillian kid playing for PSV had many years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,661 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

the kid is pure idiot why would he want to go to chelsea,he'll have no chance of getting a regular start

but with united he'll get a great manager of which brings kids through the ranks

Sir Alex is great with kids

he keeps them out of the lime light and takes care of them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

this has really pi**sed me off. although if he was to settle down at united and become a good player it would be great i think the very least we should do is sign him and sell him for what he is worth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Lemlin wrote:

Do you not remember the liverpool game when man u scored gary neville went ape and went to grab the crest on his shirt but couldn't find it cos it was moved to the centre :D he's a right monkey :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

I have to laugh when people say he's an idiot for wanting to join the best club in England at the moment, footballers play football professionally for one reason - To Win trophies.

If he signed a contract he should be made to honour it unless it can be proven that he was forced to sign the contract against his own will, which I really doubt when you look at the smile on his in those photos where he's holding a united jersey.

• Advertisement

irish1 wrote:
    I have to laugh when people say he's an idiot for wanting to join the best club in England at the moment, footballers play football professionally for one reason - To Win trophies.

If he signed a contract he should be made to honour it unless it can be proven that he was forced to sign the contract against his own will, which I really doubt when you look at the smile on his in those photos where he's holding a united jersey.
    Footballer play football to do just that. Play. He's not going to be doing much of that at chelsea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

FIFA really need to sort this mess out. Any ruling in favour of Mikel (assuming that he doesn't have convincing evidence of "duress") would be a shocker on their part. If half of the stuff I've read about Chelsea's involvement with Mikel is true it should trigger that transfer ban from the Ashley Cole tapping up punishment.

I agree that if you get him to Carrington and away from ****tu et al for a while, he'll be grand. He looks a massive talent and were we to sell him to Chelsea it'd have to be in the 10-15 bracket.

A prompt FIFA ruling (some chance of that happening!) would sort this mess out. Let the kid get on with regular football and away from those agents supposedly threatening his family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

the kid is pure idiot why would he want to go to chelsea

Great comment, heard somethign simlar the year before last, who was it from? Oh yeah Ruud Van Nistlerooy. Robben signs for Chelsea, Ruud says Robben is an idiot for going to Chelsea and shows a lack of ambition. Robben has won the title and carling cup in his first year and is on his way to League and possibly FA Cup and CL glory this year. Ruud in that same time has won nothing! - Who is the idiot there?

I honestly don't know what to say on this whole situation. I believe the kid is magic and potential to be world class but as of yet I haven't seen him kick a single ball. I agree FIFA need to step in here as the situation is becoming a) ridiculous and b) completely out of control!!! Make no mistake though, if the entire situation is true, then this ruling has big implications which ever way on football and transfers.

The thing is though, we are all speculating, most of us through our own club rose tinted glasses. United fans = boo those nastly chelsea trying to take our player. Chelsea fans = he is not your player so its fair game.

We don't really know the situation so to make some of the while statements people are is hillarious. Also I find funny the united fans banging on about wanting a transfer ban on Chelsea because of this. Seems a desperate way of looking for anything to get the title back, next you'll be doing an Arsenal and looking for points deducted, coincidentally the exact total they are ahead. As for tapping up and shady transfers United, lets not for your recent history!

iregk, are you saying that if Chelsea did
    1. Threaten Mikel
    2. Pay him illegal funds
    3. Allow him to train with Chelsea while under contract with a different club
    4. Just speak to him when they weren't allowed to

If he did any of these things, should they not recieve a transfer ban to teach them a lesson, and get them to stop acting like this?

Also, United have always had shady transfer dealings, but have never been actually convicted of anything, and have never ever acted in the mannor that Chelsea appear to be acting.
    This has taken it to a whole new level.

no im not saying that nothing should happen at all as i said Fifa need to get involved in this. There is no point though sensationalising this saying threaten him etc... we don't know if any of this happened.

What im pointing out though is that if they do this to Chelsea they have got to pull rank on others as well. Arjen Robben for example is a well known case. Father was payed illegal funds by united. He trained with united and got the entire tour of old trafford and the training ground while under contract and without agreement with psv. In the end he shunned them and went to Chelsea and united cried foul!!!!

They couldn't do anything however as they knew their own house was not clean... If they are to do anything lets not just make an example out of Chelsea, lets bring the whole house of cards down!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,915 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

United's transfers the last few seasons have been the most open that there are. In fact, they're probably going to have to stop being so open as no other club followed their lead with regards agents fees (makes you wonder why....).

iregk wrote:
    no im not saying that nothing should happen at all as i said Fifa need to get involved in this. There is no point though sensationalising this saying threaten him etc... we don't know if any of this happened.

What im pointing out though is that if they do this to Chelsea they have got to pull rank on others as well. Arjen Robben for example is a well known case. Father was payed illegal funds by united. He trained with united and got the entire tour of old trafford and the training ground while under contract and without agreement with psv. In the end he shunned them and went to Chelsea and united cried foul!!!!

They couldn't do anything however as they knew their own house was not clean... If they are to do anything lets not just make an example out of Chelsea, lets bring the whole house of cards down!

Have you proof of the Robben dealings - have never heard of this allegation before. There is a major difference between this and what Chelsea are upto here. Everyone taps up players - there usually isn't enough proof. The difference here is Chelse are openly admitting to doing it.

If Chelsea are allowed do this money has won out big time as no contract is in effect enforcable any more and players can leave whenever the feel like it and go whereever they want. The relaity is he has SIGNED for United - there is no difference here than if Rooney refused to play for United and said he wanted to play for someone else.

For a start I'm not saying that Mikel shoudl be free to choose. I have no idea whats going on but I believe he has signed for united. To me that should be the end of it hence why I said that FIFA need to get involved and sort this out as it has huge consequences on football as a whole. So please read what I said before jumping in.

As regards to Robben, yes I have proof it happened, its all in a clasified document in my back pocket hold on and I'll get it for you!! When all this came about Robben came out and said it, his father came out and said it and Kenyon came out and said as he was the one that actually did it! Practically all united fans know of it and remember it as it was big news at the time.

Robben was practically a united player before Kenyon shot the devil in the back.

Astrofool, united are open about transfers now, as they have to be. They had so many shady deals and using particular agents with personal payments etc.. that they were made stop a while back. Hence why everything is open now.

I'm sorry if by attacking united some of you don't like it but basically my point is your house is not clean either so rather than simply slating Chelsea why not bring everything out and lets kill it all together.

TheMonster wrote:
    Everyone taps up players - there usually isn't enough proof. The difference here is Chelse are openly admitting to doing it.
    Where have Chelsea openly admitted to tapping this player up?

Hobart wrote:
    Where have Chelsea openly admitted to tapping this player up?
    He has signed a contract with United and Chelsea have said they have been talking to him - fairly clear cut.

TheMonster wrote:
    He has signed a contract with United and Chelsea have said they have been talking to him - fairly clear cut.
    So they have'nt openly admitted anything is what you meant to say.

Good article here
    http://www.unitedrant.co.uk/archives/2006/02/dead_babies_1.html

His father admits Chelsea has being "spending money on him"

what I find interesting is the attitude of Chelsea fans on their forums. They seem to accept he should go to United as even they can see the repercussions of him signing for them.
    The reason Man Utd want to keep him, is because they signed him. That is, he agreed to play for them. If they just shrug their shoulders, and walk away - "Oh, ok Chelsea, you have him" - then nobody WE SIGN will be safe from contract gazumping in the future, either. And, I can imagine the howls of outrage on here, when that happens. Most likely from exactly the same people who think what Obi's doing now, is ok. Think about when we sign say, Adu - only to find that he's changed his mind, 24 hours later, because his agent's got him a better deal at United. Yes, we'd be delighted, wouldn't we?

Maybe, somewhere down the line, the authorities will find in Obi's favour. It's not beyond the bounds of possibility. But if they find in United's favour, how will that paint Chelsea's actions in all of this? Colluding with a player and his agent, to break a legal contract, signed in good faith, simply because we missed out on that player due to our own slack approach, won't be a good look, will it? It will simply give the media more ammunition with which to paint our club as arrogant and oafish, and willing to break any rules, as long as it suits our aims. To me at least, this has all the makings of a farce, that will come back to bite us in the a*se.

The reason Chelsea fans accept he should go to united is not due to repercussions but rather due to common sense. If the deal is that he has signed for united out of his own free will then yes he should go there. If however it transpires that he was pressurised into that then it should be null and void and Mikel again becomes fair game.

On the other hand if it is true that Chelsea paid behind the back or threatened anyone etc... then they should be counted out of the transfer.

Thats my attitude and I'm a Chelsea fan. Its not repersuccsions that I see its commone sense!

iregk wrote:
    The reason Chelsea fans accept he should go to united is not due to repercussions but rather due to common sense. If the deal is that he has signed for united out of his own free will then yes he should go there. If however it transpires that he was pressurised into that then it should be null and void and Mikel again becomes fair game.

On the other hand if it is true that Chelsea paid behind the back or threatened anyone etc... then they should be counted out of the transfer.

Thats my attitude and I'm a Chelsea fan. Its not repersuccsions that I see its commone sense!
    Well said iregk that's common sense.
    yawn ad-infinitum
    You know it's because of unsubstantiated rubbish like you have just posted that PHB felt the need to try and start a new thread on this subject.

You claim that "Chelse are openly admitting" to tapping up a player, when they are doing nothing of the sort. Now why don't you stop posting rubbish and let this thread continue as it was? Your not helping this discussion at all tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

John Obi Mikel has just been named Africas young player of the year.
    Etoo player of the year for the 3rd time in a row.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/africa/4722080.stm
    Cameroon's Samuel Eto'o has been named the 2005 African Player of the Year at the Confederation of African Football's awards ceremony in Abuja.

The award means Eto'o becomes the first player to win the trophy three times in a row, having been selected as Africa's best in 2003 and 2004.

The Barcelona forward narrowly beat Ivory Coast's Didier Drogba to the award, with Michel Essien of Ghana the other beaten candidate.

Meanwhile, Nigeria teenager John Mikel Obi won the 2005 Young Player of the Year award.

The 19-year-old midfielder is rewarded for his outstanding displays as Nigeria finished runners-up at last year's World Youth Championship in Holland

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement