Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Priest Preview

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Dubhthamlacht

Some NE moonkin druid critted me for 1.7k with Starfire. Didn't even think that was possible
    Ivan wrote:
    I still have to laugh at druids using wrath and moonfire as DD spells.

Wrath is there to get you to level 10 when you get bear form and moonfire is woefully mana-efficient but ridiculously high dps. I.e. for finishing people off.

Personally, with my druid, I take it that I am a melee class with no damage spells what-so-ever. Works better that way, imho.

That said, at least druids can actually do melee damage, not to mention ambush, backstab, feral charge, stealth, track humanoids, feral regeneration, swipe, maul, etc. etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

that should be fairly managable with any decent gear imo. starfire base is around 500 say. with 10% more dmg from talents so regular crits should be around 1000-1100 (again with talents). if the druid had any type of +dmg gear and perhaps a teop or zhc then it should be happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Dataisgod wrote:
    that should be fairly managable with any decent gear imo. starfire base is around 500 say. with 10% more dmg from talents so regular crits should be around 1000-1100 (again with talents). if the druid had any type of +dmg gear and perhaps a teop or zhc then it should be happy days

Huh I didnt know druids had a 100% spell crit dmg bonus ala warlocks/shaman...if that is the case wtf are you doing as a feral druid? Get into moonkin form and stay there you mana sponge!!!1!11!!

Something like a 1.7K crit off a 500 base dmg spell is easily possible...

Chain Ligthning has a max base dmg of around 550 on a 2.5second cast, with talents a you can add 10% dmg to CL, 100% crit dmg to spells. From items I run about +240dmg and also have ToEP and ZHC. Add a zerking buff onto of all that and I can crit in and around the 3K mark. So yes a 1.7K starfire would be possible if the druid is well equiped in +dmg and/or wielding the trinkets of doom!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

e-penis big enough now kayos?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

Also quite a nice interface.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Dubhthamlacht

Caliden wrote:

I've seen Cal one shot himself with when I used Hyper Radient Flame Reflector against him. you're too imba Cal :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Caliden wrote:
    Congratulations Caliden, you like every other mage, can choose to spend hours upon hours of time, collecting obscene gear and spec'ing in a specific way so you can one shot warriors once every 3 minutes and be a relatively gimped class the rest of the time.

Your award is in the mail.

i wouldnt get rank 10 if i could only kill something every 3 minutes.

1k regular fireballs prove my point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

be a fairly crap geared warrior if you could one shot him with a 4.2k crit. think one of our mages did 4450 on a similar set up with pyroblast. he couldn't stand the spec though and went back frost fairly quickly.

can't remember but it was probably a shaman.

even if it was a warrior the ignite would have killed him

40% of 4200 is ~1700 add to that the pyroblast dot which works out at about 1k
    so in total it would have hit for 6900

Advertisement