Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Album of the Week #3: "Shut Up Your Face" by Ten Past Seven

• 04-02-2006 1:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭

Sorry that the last album of the week lasted more than a week, I've been too busy with college and what time I haven't spent in college has been spent in ICU (long story).

Anywho, excuses aside, this week I've chosen "Shut Up Your Face" by Kerry band Ten Past Seven which went on release the week before last.

So what do you all think, most exciting thing to happen to Irish music for a long time or pretentiously over the top crap?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

Haven't heard them, what are they like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I think they're really good. They're probably a little more metal than alternative but they're not really either. They mix a lot of styles together. It's fairly mad, I saw them live before Christmas and couldn't decide if I liked them or not as there was a lot to take in but I took a gamble on the CD and I must say, I do like it a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Fraggle Rocks

Amazing band, and top lads as well. Their live gigs are really good, what with Rory going mental and all. Hopefully people willl appreciate them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

i love this album.great production from ross as well, one of the up and coming producers in ireland today.

excellent choice john2, as good as anything released this year.
    with bands like ten past seven, rest and redneck manifesto around, the future of irish math rock looks good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Here's their site for those of you who want to check them out.

Gave a listen to one of their songs and I'm impressed. Something interesting to listen to, and it's from Ireland! Wowzers.

Certainly does seem to be a little math rock resurgence going on around here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 466 ✭✭moonboy

i love this album.great production from ross as well, one of the up and coming producers in ireland today.

excellent choice john2, as good as anything released this year.
    with bands like ten past seven, rest and redneck manifesto around, the future of irish math rock looks good
    i wouldnt call rest and redneck manifesto math rock at all.
    ten past seven maybe but defo not them..

I don't know rest or what people mean by math rock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Math rock is a style of rock music that emerged in the late 1980s. It is characterised by complex, atypical rhythmic structures, stop/start dynamics and angular, dissonant riffs.

maybe you dont consider them math rock, but i think they do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭dalk

ohh lets get stressed out about how we label a band...:rolleyes:

Anyway, must check out the band.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

Does this mean they sound like Beefheart?

dalk wrote:
    ohh lets get stressed out about how we label a band...:rolleyes:

Anyway, must check out the band.

yeah sorry about that!!
    they dont really sound like captain beefheart(who does tbh!!)
    but they do have that sort of sudden change in songs you would associate with captain beefheart, you never quite settle into a song cus they go off and change it.

which raises the question...is this a bad thing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

I think the album is pretty good better than I expected

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 361 ✭✭Redegg

crazy band. seen them a few times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Just saw this thread now, liking the two songs on the website. If somebody could point me towards more I'd be grateful. The CD on sale anywhere in Dublin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

PiE wrote:
    Just saw this thread now, liking the two songs on the website. If somebody could point me towards more I'd be grateful. The CD on sale anywhere in Dublin?

I got my copy in Road Records in fade street

It's also in Tower but Road deserve your business more because they're lovely people.

Advertisement