Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MultiStory Car Parks

• 04-02-2006 1:46pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Do you guys pay when using them...?I have been using the same multistory car park when going to the cinema and I never pay,I also don't use up a space.So do you lot pay when using multistory car parks...?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

I have never left it in a multi-storey but would not object to getting away without paying :D Is there a nook or cranny that you stash your bike in then?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

murphaph wrote:
    I have never left it in a multi-storey but would not object to getting away without paying :D Is there a nook or cranny that you stash your bike in then?

Yea its a area that blocks nothing and is safe,I have seen a few bikes and often wondered if they payed.I have been using the same car park for 5 years and never got stopped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭saobh_ie

I never leave it in a Multi long enough so that I'm required to pay.

I probaly would pay but I'd probaly be peeved having to pay full whack after having not even taken up a parking space. It's going to be no more secure than parking it outside, the only benefit of indoor parking is that it won't get wet... if it was dry to start with.

Actually, hidden out of sight in a nook/cranny it probaly is safer and there would be CCTV on the exits, only one exit too. So robbin little scrotes would be less inclined to go in wouldn't they?

In some multi's I'm even comfortable enough to leave the tank bag and everything attached for up to half an hour while I grab the shopping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Rippy

saobh_ie wrote:
    I never leave it in a Multi long enough so that I'm required to pay.

I probaly would pay but I'd probaly be peeved having to pay full whack after having not even taken up a parking space. It's going to be no more secure than parking it outside, the only benefit of indoor parking is that it won't get wet... if it was dry to start with.

Actually, hidden out of sight in a nook/cranny it probaly is safer and there would be CCTV on the exits, only one exit too. So robbin little scrotes would be less inclined to go in wouldn't they?

In some multi's I'm even comfortable enough to leave the tank bag and everything attached for up to half an hour while I grab the shopping.

you gota be joking shurely??
    MSCPs are perfect for theives. Usually dimly lit , plenty of dark corners and few people taking any notice of whats on.
    They provide a degree of security for cars, as the theif would need a ticket to get out of the place, but nothing for bikes which can just be ridden around the barrier. Always plenty of scumbags around llooking to break into cars to rob what they can. If you must use them, NEVER leave your tankbag on the bike. I always prefer to park on a busy street with plenty of pedestrian traffic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Rippy wrote:
    you gota be joking shurely??
    MSCPs are perfect for theives. Usually dimly lit , plenty of dark corners and few people taking any notice of whats on.
    They provide a degree of security for cars, as the theif would need a ticket to get out of the place, but nothing for bikes which can just be ridden around the barrier. Always plenty of scumbags around llooking to break into cars to rob what they can. If you must use them, NEVER leave your tankbag on the bike. I always prefer to park on a busy street with plenty of pedestrian traffic.

I'd be of the same opinion myself. I seen a car in the UGC carpark on Parnell St. a couple of months ago with the wheels removed. This is a busy carpark with alot of people coming and going. Someone managed to remove the wheels on a car and drop it to the ground without the security even batting an eyelid. So imagine what could happen to your bike.

Gangs prey on these MSCP's , so its probably the least safest place to park a bike in the city.

I personally park on the path somewhere out in the open where is can be seen and is not going to get knocked by pedestrians.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 576 ✭✭✭ifah

I used to park my car in ugc until I came back one evening after work to see the five (5) cars beside ours all with doors pryed open and stuff robbed - that car park is notorious due to it's proximity to flats etc for things getting robbed and the security people aren't responsible for looking after the cars - they will try to help but they told me better not park there if I could help it!

Advertisement