Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

irish mocks

Options
  • 04-02-2006 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭

just wondering what other people got on their papers.

i got an essay about death on the roads or sumtin and rading passages about dumps!! any else get different or the same?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 cdak68

do you remember what the word or saying was for the "sceal" on your paper, by any chance?

BTW I presume this was higher level?

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭:|

smemon wrote:
    just wondering what other people got on their papers.

i got an essay about death on the roads or sumtin and rading passages about dumps!! any else get different or the same?

yeah i got the same one, did the essay on irish in the european union or whatever it was. One of the sceals was imni thats all i remember.

Paper two was ok, i messed up my stair tho and i hadnt looked over the characters that came up for an triail

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭belinea06

what poems came up in urs. mine was jack, nil aon ni, faoiseamh a gheodhsa in the pass section and oiche nollaig na mban an mathair. what did u get on the pros.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

cdak68 wrote:
    do you remember what the word or saying was for the "sceal" on your paper, by any chance?

BTW I presume this was higher level?

'imní' and 'Ní féidir ceann críonna a chur ar cholainn óg'

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭SirCretop

on my pass irish paper 1, i got, write a letter to ur friend telling him ur parents have won the lotto. the sceal i wrote was, u are walking home from the ollstoir with ur bag and u feel a hand on ur neck. u turn round and u see a garda slandala.

• Advertisement

any 1 know whats coming up on pass irish paper 2????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

i got nil aon ni, gealt, cearrbach mac caba, la bui bealtaine, uirchill an chreagain and oiche nollaig na mban on paper two. paper one essay on drugs and alcohol or the education system i did drugs twas ok

Azureus wrote:
    i got nil aon ni, gealt, cearrbach mac caba, la bui bealtaine, uirchill an chreagain and oiche nollaig na mban on paper two.

Thanks. Were the questions on the prose and poetry general (feelings, theme, etc) or were they more of the "traits of the bealoidis and aisling" sort?

the prose were general enough, mainly character questions, an trial was ther same or then a more specific question on hypocrisy, the poetry was general (themes charcters) but danta breise was a bit dodgy, very specific questions on the poems meaning and taking quotes and asking for explanations etc

Thanks for the info. Doesn't sound too horrific at least...

• Advertisement

i thought paper one was ok but paper two was terrible, my own fault for not preparing it though!
    good luck!

what stair na gaelige came up? and for cearrbhach did the q on bealoidis come up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭willowmegs

hey all, i started my mocks friday. we have irish paper one and the aural done so far. SirCretop, i also wrote that litir about the parents winning the lotto, and i did the piece about the weekend in section A.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 shamon

can any1 upload irish paper 2 higher level? what stair is on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Lord Oz

lol, it seems people are registering just to beg for hint on what's coming up on the mocks. Speaking of which, what came up for stair na gaeilge?

any1 know what came up on gnatleibheal irish paper 2???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Azureus wrote:
    i got nil aon ni, gealt, cearrbach mac caba, la bui bealtaine, uirchill an chreagain and oiche nollaig na mban on paper two. paper one essay on drugs and alcohol or the education system i did drugs twas ok

had the same exam here so. Thought the questions were fair enough, I didn't learn my stair though, so I lost a fair few marks on that I'd imagine. The rest was grand.

Azureus wrote:

la bui bealtaine isnt a poem!

I don't think anyone said it was...

but i assumed, seen as it's sandwiched inbetween 6 other poems, that it too was thought to be a poem.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

yeh dey didnt if u read it again it jus generalises cuz cearrbhac is with it!

ok so. im starting to feel like theres a group gathering around me as i walk into a cul de sac. *just take my wallet and dont hurt me!*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 shamon

can anyone please tell me what character question comes up in paper 2, ard level? and stair?!! :( i have it tomorro and dis is doin my hed in. endless amounts of poems and stories, plus about 10 stairs to learn.

r teacher won't narrow it down any so it's information overload!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 bankable

i know thats it hypocrasy of the public towards single mothers.
    totally foinse
    learn Maire ni slutasaigh
    and comparism between maili and bean ui cathasaaigh

what essays came up and what was the reading comprehensions about? ive paper 1 tomorrow and im ****tin it

Its then story imni
    debate- environment and amateurs in sport
    alt- changes u's make in education system
    aiste-the status of the irish laguage in the EU
    comprehensions are about monks and monastrys in tibet
    and one on dumpin rubbish
    thats all i remember

any1 with paper 2 done that did the same paper1????

thanks for that. what other aistes were there? im rubbish at everythin else

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭:|

Lord Oz wrote:
    lol, it seems people are registering just to beg for hint on what's coming up on the mocks. Speaking of which, what came up for stair na gaeilge?

i cant remember all of it, i did bealideas and gaeltacht+conradh na gaeilge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

what did everyone think of the tape??? Did anyone get the one about Eddie Hobbs???

• Advertisement

ok there is 3 different irish pre's
    the one with paper1 with the comprehensions bout monks and the illegal dumping one is the one i'm doin

DOES ANY1 KNOW WHAT COMES UP IN PAPER " OF THAT??
    i mean everythin, an trial, poems, pro's and stair
    Help
    i have it 2mro at 9!!!!!!!!!!!

Advertisement