Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

irish mocks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭deisedolly

I got Eddie Hobbs in my tape!
    I'm getting my paper2 first(friday) so I'll tell all then, and then ye can help me with paper 1 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 bankable

didn't ask bout eddie hobs.
    i wanna know the trial and pro's questions that go with the paper 1 that had monks and dumping on it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭SirCretop

what bout ordianry level irish paper 2? any ideas???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 960 ✭✭✭:|

bankable wrote:
    didn't ask bout eddie hobs.
    i wanna know the trial and pro's questions that go with the paper 1 that had monks and dumping on it!!!

here no need to be rude!
    but anyway an trial: character questions on padraig, maili, aine ni bhreasil and colm, and a question on the questions this play brings up

prose: an cearrbhach mccaba(cleverness of the cearrbhach against the forces of evil) or clare sa speir(are the characters believeable) or somethin else and fiche blian ag fas(theme of youth or greann sa sceal)

poetry: gealt(a choice between codarsnacht and irony and a question on how the poem mocks todayss society or something) bimse buam gach la and the extra poem was oiche nollaig na mban(is the poem about the poets fear of the storm or death)

stair: well i did bealoideas and conradh na gael and an gaeltacht(i know gael linn came up in that q too)

paper 1; essay: one on traffic accidents and one on irish in the eu(cant rememebr other one) and the story well one was on imni(ditto)

sorry thats all the info i have guys!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 shamon

:| wrote:
    but anyway an trial: character questions on padraig, maili, aine ni bhreasil and colm, and a question on the questions this play brings up

prose: an cearrbhach mccaba(cleverness of the cearrbhach against the forces of evil) or clare sa speir(are the characters believeable) or somethin else and fiche blian ag fas(theme of youth or greann sa sceal)

poetry: gealt(a choice between codarsnacht and irony and a question on how the poem mocks todayss society or something) bimse buam gach la and the extra poem was oiche nollaig na mban(is the poem about the poets fear of the storm or death)

stair: well i did bealoideas and conradh na gael and an gaeltacht(i know gael linn came up in that q too)

paper 1; essay: one on traffic accidents and one on irish in the eu(cant rememebr other one) and the story well one was on imni(ditto)

sorry thats all the info i have guys!

did 'meath na gailige come up'? in stair.

also do u know what question came up for úrscéalta roghnach instead of an triail?? please. youd be saving my life metophorically.

• Advertisement

please can any1 help.

just the stair bit will do. ive heard NONE of the 5 stairs's weve covered came up and im sh***n it cuz thats the only part i know and can bank on!! ive done

meath na gaelige
    an fhiannacht
    an aisling
    ruraiocht
    dánta grá

can any1 tell me if any of them are up???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Ruraiocht came up for mine and Aisling Politiul may well have been there too although I don't think it was a full question.

grimloch wrote:
    Ruraiocht came up for mine and Aisling Politiul may well have been there too although I don't think it was a full question.

did u have the paper 1 with imní and carnage on the roads and irish in europe and all that?

you mean aisling was a 2 part question? thought they were all just naming 3 major points?

you cant help with with the úrscéalta roghnach question, no?! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭caesar

How did everyone get on with tape?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

caesar wrote:
    How did everyone get on with tape?
    not too good unfortunately...curse those ulster accents!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭caesar

not too good unfortunately...curse those ulster accents!!!
    Sama here, I got the one with Eddie Hobbs but I wasn't expecting to do great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

caesar wrote:

me too, was a cnut, v. hard.

me too, was a cnut, v. hard.
    me three!!!

:(

this is all wonderful but what about Paper 2??!!

and the stairs and question on toraíocht in úrscéalta roghnach???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Little Miss...

tut,tut,tut such cheaters....im shocked...but hey thanx for tips!! :) got mine 2 weeks 2day so have another while 2 study....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭willowmegs

caesar wrote:
    me also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 960 ✭✭✭:|

shamon wrote:
    did u have the paper 1 with imní and carnage on the roads and irish in europe and all that?

you mean aisling was a 2 part question? thought they were all just naming 3 major points?

you cant help with with the úrscéalta roghnach question, no?! :o

ruraiocht didnt come up on that one, no sorry havent a clue bout it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭Pez

help me!!! im gonna fail irish! have my mock in like.....3 days.. cant wait (¬_¬) we havent even covered stair na gaeilge!!! havent even started it! did lig sin i gcathu cum up for ne1 in their mocks???? its just about the only thing i know :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

We start with Paper II in Irish tomorrow, looks like Im grand if what ye said comes up as Ive studied most of what ye said. Now lets hope my grammer is good tomorrow!

I will post what I get tomorrow here... tomorrow night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

Pez wrote:
    help me!!! im gonna fail irish! have my mock in like.....3 days.. cant wait (¬_¬) we havent even covered stair na gaeilge!!! havent even started it! did lig sin i gcathu cum up for ne1 in their mocks???? its just about the only thing i know :eek:

*walks on past Pez*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭Pez

smemon wrote:
    *walks on past Pez*

well thank u for ur help (¬_¬) j/k ;p
    life goes on..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

Okay this is what I got in Paper II, Honours.

Oíche Nollaig na mBan, An Máthair, Cearrbhach Mac Cába, Fiche Bliain ag Fás, Gealt?, Thig Ná Tit Orm..
    are the ones I remember

and Stair na Gaeilge
    We got a list of people, none of whom I did

Conradh na Gaeilge
    Filíochat na mBard
    An Gaeltacht
    Gaeilge san Méan Cumarsáide
    Conradh na Gaeilge

those are the ones I can remember..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 marvdoeffler

What are the Paper 2 questions of the tape test with Peter Canavan as the last news item? Poems, short story an Triail and Stair an Gaeilge. If anyone could tell me i would be unbelievably grateful!!! thank you

What are the Paper 2 questions of the tape test with Peter Canavan as the last news item? Poems, short story an Triail and Stair an Gaeilge. If anyone could tell me i would be unbelievably grateful!!! thank you

I'll try and give you a hand if you have any other info on the tape (eddie hobbs, holiday after the leaving cert) or about paper1 (rinn an chairn, michelangelo) because I don't know if I got that Canavan thing so I don't wanna say what came up for me if your paper isnt gona be the same!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 marvdoeffler

deisedolly wrote:
    I'll try and give you a hand if you have any other info on the tape (eddie hobbs, holiday after the leaving cert) or about paper1 (rinn an chairn, michelangelo) because I don't know if I got that Canavan thing so I don't wanna say what came up for me if your paper isnt gona be the same!

Thanks!

The tape test had Something about Rodriego y Gabriela at Vicar Street as the very first section, Something about going away to foreign countries with a brother on section 2 and in the news items why Peter canavan is known as 'dia' and the weather of a place. If u had this aural u probably had the same paper2

Thats all i remember, i cant remember what came up on paper1 any help on paper 2 is greatly appreciated!!

No i would remember something about Rodriego y Gabriela being mentioned I'd say! I won't be any use to you I'm afraid!

Some of the others might respond to you, Sorry and Goodluck with it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

Hey all! Ok so my mock is on Saturday! Here is the information I have gathered together:

Paper 1: Aiste =drugs/alcholo or education system
    or The status of the irish language in the EU or Road traffic deaths.
    Lemhthusicints are on monkey and monks!

Paper 2
    OL poems : Jack, Níl aon ní, or faoiseamh a gheobhdsa
    or Níl aon ní, gealt

Hl poems: Oiche Nollaig na mban
    An mhatair
    or Urchil an Chragain and Oiche nollaig na mban

Pros
    Cearrbhach, fiche blian something,

An trial hpocrasy in society against single mothers
    character skethces on Padraig, Maire Mailli Colm bean Ui chatasaigh or AIne ni brasil

Stair:
    Ruraiocht
    filioch na mbard
    conradh na Gailge
    An Gaeltacht
    Gaeilge san man cumarsiade

I am aware that I have made a lot of spelling errors but its late so don't go all you can't spell etc... please! Basically is their anything else you would like to add to my list?That was a compliation of all the information on this thread! That is what I plan to focus on! If their is anything else to add to that please tell me! Much appreciated! My mock is this Saturday from 9.30 - 4.50! Not very nice i'm sure you will agree!! :p

my comprehensions were on michaelangelo and on nuclear power!!!

oh and it's fiche bliain ag fás! good luck d4gurl. i'm not going to school tomorrow!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 brianfiel

Could some1 tell me what a thig na tit orm question came up?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭TX123

for the OL paper 2. what poems came up if the comprehensions were about that girl who went to calcutta? and which one did you have to do the 4 short questions for

Advertisement