Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dead Pixels??

• 04-02-2006 4:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭

DEAD PIXELS??

What are dead pixels. I have a LCD tv , a few months old. There is a continuous green lince vertically down the screen. It that dead pixels or what. Will ring shop on Monday about it. Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Thats not a dead pixel, I've seen this on laptops and I think its related to the video input in the tv that goes into the actual lcd panel. It'll need to be opened up to check the cable is secure and not damaged.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

no it's not dead pixels, they would be random

By sending the appropiate signal to a row and a column driver you can turn/off a particular pixel. So either mechanical damage breaking the electrical connection or a problem with the chip driving that column.

or could be something weird too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

Thanks lads. It seems to appear after it warms up. Turned it on about 30 mins ago - no line, then hey presto it appears 15 mins later!!!!!! Weird

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

Thanks lads. It seems to appear after it warms up. Turned it on about 30 mins ago - no line, then hey presto it appears 15 mins later!!!!!! Weird

Advertisement