Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New WWE DVD Releases For 2006

• 04-02-2006 4:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭

The following is from WWE.com:

WWE announces 2006 DVDs

WWE has announced its slate of DVDs for 2006.

Here is the complete list:
    - Austin vs. McMahon: The Definitive Collection
    - Brian Pillman: Loose Cannon
    - Hulk Hogan: The Ultimate Anthology
    - Born to Controversy: The Roddy Piper Story
    - The Spectacular Legacy of the AWA
    - John Cena: The Time is Now

WWE will be releasing a two disc Dusty Rhodes set. The set is entitled, "The American Dream: The Dusty Rhodes Story." A Dusty Rhodes DVD set had been rumored to come out ever since he signed on with WWE last year. Also, WWE plans to release a DVD entitled, "The World's Greatest Wrestling Managers." That DVD may be a re-release of one of the manager videos the WWF released back in the eighties.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

austin vs mcmahon'll be good.. dunno would i be arsed about any of the others though... maybe hulk hogan for the nostalgia factor.. as long as it doesnt include an episode of Hogan knows Best as a "bonus"...

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭merlinsmerryman

A Cena dvd thats all the world needs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Lookin forward to the Pillman dvd most, although it will more than likely end up focusing on him being out of control..hope it doesn't make him sound real bad, he was a great wrestler

The AWA one should have some decent stuff on it, Piper's one could be interesting. And Dusty Rhode's obviously

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭the sunbabe wan

*sigh* :rolleyes: first the spinning belt, then the t-shirts, now a dvd??? what ever will they think of nxt... john cena signed underpants :eek: oh god or even his own clothing line.... arrrrrggghhh

how long has this guy been in the wwe???

btw does any one know where i can buy the eddie Guerrero dvd in the shops??? in ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

A Cena dvd thats all the world needs.
    yeah but hopefully we can't see it ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

btw does any one know where i can buy the eddie Guerrero dvd in the shops??? in ireland

I got it from http://www.silvervision.co.uk/

cost about 24 euros i think.. havent seen it in the shops anywhere..

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭The Cannibal

A Pillman DVD, **** yeah!! That guy was my idol. Had the best promo ever at Cyberslam 96 where he was one of the few guys to make the ECW crowd shut up. Hopefully they cover all his career and put his Liger matches on there and his Hollywood Blonde days with Austin along with a mix of his famous angles like the "booker man" angle, the Bang 3:16 angle and that time he touched the off limits Bobby Heenan and made him swear on air. Hopefully they cover the Hart Foundation as well cause that feud with Austin is probably my most favourite feud of all time and my favourite wrestling time period with an emerging D-X as well when they were good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Devon

I'll have to mark out and buy the Hogan one. While he wasn't the greatest wrestler of all time, he got pops that the main eventers of today only dream about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

jerryadams wrote:
    I'll have to mark out and buy the Hogan one. While he wasn't the greatest wrestler of all time, he got pops that the main eventers of today only dream about.

Austin got pops only hogan could dream about.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Lita Forever

There was actually a DVD of Cena already, wasn't there? It was back in 2004 I think it was. Just thought I'd throw that out there for people who are reacting like it hasn't happened before. Lol.

I could swear that Hogan has also had a copmplete collection on DVD before too. Hulk Still Rules or something like that? If so all that's going to be new this year is his recent WWE stuff, which isn't enough to make me buy a DVD set which contains material I've seen over and over again.

The Pillman one looks promising though.

• Advertisement

There was actually a DVD of Cena already, wasn't there? It was back in 2004 I think it was. Just thought I'd throw that out there for people who are reacting like it hasn't happened before. Lol.

I could swear that Hogan has also had a copmplete collection on DVD before too. Hulk Still Rules or something like that? If so all that's going to be new this year is his recent WWE stuff, which isn't enough to make me buy a DVD set which contains material I've seen over and over again.

The Pillman one looks promising though.

There was also already a McMahon v. Austin video. I think it was released around 2000? It wasn't that long, only about 60 mins, so it certainly wasn't a definitive collection. Nonetheless I thought i'd point out WWE have already done the topic to a certain extent.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Lita Forever

True, but Mc Mahon V Austin has been done to death. It's been covered on Austin's DVD releases too. I can't see why anyone would want to buy a DVD on it at this point.

My dream dvd would be a 5 disc dvd based on factions/cliques. There would be a dedicated disc for the 4 hoursemen, the hart foundation, DX, nWo, and the fifth disc would be a compilation of other staples e.g the nation, the ministry, the corporation. The one thing that I feel the WWE still excels at today is their video production.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

A Pillman DVD, **** yeah!! That guy was my idol. Had the best promo ever at Cyberslam 96 where he was one of the few guys to make the ECW crowd shut up. Hopefully they cover all his career and put his Liger matches on there and his Hollywood Blonde days with Austin along with a mix of his famous angles like the "booker man" angle, the Bang 3:16 angle and that time he touched the off limits Bobby Heenan and made him swear on air. Hopefully they cover the Hart Foundation as well cause that feud with Austin is probably my most favourite feud of all time and my favourite wrestling time period with an emerging D-X as well when they were good.

The Bang 3:16 angle was when Austin made Vince p*ss himself by threatening him with a fake gun, nothing to do with Pillman.
    Although I know the angle you mean, when Austin went to Pillman's house and Pillman defended himself with a gun. One of the first real adult themed angles, that have of course gone into ridiculous overdrive since, with refs committing suicide and dead legend's names being dragged through the mud.

Piper's should be very entertaining, he was a legend.
    Raising hell before Austin had even entered a ring, and some of the Pits were hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭The Cannibal

I refer to it as Bang 3:16 cause if I remember right Pillman started wearing some t-shirts after saying that, he also had a really cool one that I'd love to get my hands on if it ever came on e-bay that had Pillman 9mm on the front. I think the 9mm probably would of been a better description since the feud was billed as Austin 3:16 Vs Pillman 9mm. You just don't get feud tag lines like that anymore.

Advertisement