Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you ever Been Scammed?

Options
  • 04-02-2006 5:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Has there anyone out there that has been conned/scammed?

I have on ebay so many times, i am suprised that site still makes any money. I think have been conned 3 times in the past month, the git took my money and ran leaving me out of pocket.

I wonder if there is anyway i can track them down?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

ya loads of times with those "subscribed" messages you get from a company. Happened at least 2or 3times in the last 6-9months, got the money back tho :D

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭Ozzy

What did you buy (or not as the case may, er be)? I never bought anything from e-bay before...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭mickymg2003

Never happened to me.(on ebay) Did you not contact ebay about it. they can help you get your money back. especially if you pay over pay pal.
    Maybe your just a sucker!!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Got scammed once when i was a kid. Was working at this crappy job selling strawberries when i was about 11-12 and it was only my second day and this guy stoped up in his car.

"Hows things, need any more stock, change etc."

Acting like he was working for the guy running the strawberry selling business.
    Anyway he eventually said right im off ill just take some of your excess cash here. How stupid am i.

Didnt even think twice about it till he left.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Ravage1616

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

ANOTHER fool who thought he was getting a bargain has paid a heavy price after being duped.

A little harsh...

And Millie, I think your sig breaks about a dozen boards rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭Ozzy

Me and my buddy were buying a bag of phones from the knackers once. Stupid suckers gave us a bag of rocks instead HAHAAHA.. dumbasses!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭slipss

millie2508 wrote:
    Has there anyone out there that has been conned/scammed?

I have on ebay so many times, i am suprised that site still makes any money. I think have been conned 3 times in the past month, the git took my money and ran leaving me out of pocket.

I wonder if there is anyway i can track them down?

Yeah I can track them down for you, just pm me your credit card number so I can transfer my finders fee and i'll get right on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Lord Derpington

Ozzy wrote:
    Me and my buddy were buying a bag of phones from the knackers once. Stupid suckers gave us a bag of rocks instead HAHAAHA.. dumbasses!

Yea ya gotta love them rocks, good deal :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

I was scammed on ebay too - luckily it was only about €10. I reported it via paypal & the response I got was basically that 'yes I was scammed' but they had already handed over the money. They said they would try to track down my money & get back to me, but six months later I'm still waiting. Was my first & last experience on ebay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭skyhighflyer

Well, touch wood, I've over 30 succcessful transactions on eBay (including one for over €900)... I think if you stick to reputable sellers you'll be grand... also if it sounds too good to be true it probably is!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

Bought twice off ebay and everything went well. Also once of an amazon merchant seller and that went okay too.

The biggest scam of all and no here ever mentioned it was Eircom Shares, 600,000 conned by Mary O'Rourke and her Fianna Fail Cronies. :mad: :mad: :mad:

There was a Pyramid scam going around down here in Kerry and in West Cork too, I know one person who lost €5,000. Fool me once....yadda yadda yadda

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

netwhizkid wrote:
    There was a Pyramid scam going around down here in Kerry and in West Cork too, I know one person who lost €5,000. Fool me once....yadda yadda yadda

With all the national media attention these Pyramid scams have gotten over the last few years I still cant believe people are being caught out by them.Thats good old rural Ireland for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

interesting about ebay, I must have totalled about 20k in sales and purchases over the years, no problems yet.

*touches wood*

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Never have had a problem on eBay. I think that if you've been codded three times recently that you need to have a look at yourself, and how you investigate purchases, rather than blaming ebay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I got scammed out of 20 euro on ebay. I paid for an item and never got it. I reported the seller and to ebay and reported it to paypal and eventually got the money back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

I was foolish enough to pay a €250 deposit up-front to a carpenter for some work to cover his materials. Never saw the bugger again. I even got a Small Claims Court judgement against him, but enforcing the judgement proved impossible.
    netwhizkid wrote:
    The biggest scam of all and no here ever mentioned it was Eircom Shares, 600,000 conned by Mary O'Rourke and her Fianna Fail Cronies. :mad: :mad: :mad:
    No con here. It was very clear that shares can go down as well as up. You had the chance to sell at a considerable gain in the weeks after privatisation, but you held on. That's the risk you take when you invest in the stock market. If you can't stand the heat.......
    Dub13 wrote:
    With all the national media attention these Pyramid scams have gotten over the last few years I still cant believe people are being caught out by them.Thats good old rural Ireland for you.
    The 'Women Empowering Women' scams were very popular in the 'burbs too, so it's not just a rural issue. It's just a simple case of blinded by greed.

Advertisement