Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

less stress books

• 04-02-2006 5:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 960 ✭✭✭

im thinking of getting them or rapid revision books for a few subjects, maybe french and maths, anyone know if they're useful?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Toasty

i have the home economics one and business org one and the french one and they are brilliant.
    although i have rapid rev for biology and its pretty gud 2 but i'd say go for the less stress more success!!

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭caesar

:| wrote:
    im thinking of getting them or rapid revision books for a few subjects, maybe french and maths, anyone know if they're useful?
    I was just about to start a thread on this :) I need some of these books but i was wondering which books are better for each subject, i know opinions will vary but that can be expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Toasty

the home ec and business organisation are brilliant just incase ur doin them subjects!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 cdak68

the less stress books in geography, history and biology are very helpful in my opinion.

also, the maths ones covers the course concisely with many worked answers and make it a little less incomprehensible for me at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

Don't get the Art History one it's rubbish. French is grand, quite handy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

The Irish one is borderline useful (a few bits of interesting vocab and the pieces for the oral). The English one is dire. Don't buy either, borrow them if you must look at them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

the geog one is brilliant the art history onejust gives loads of useless information and focuses on the more irrelevant stuff. rapid revision for french is prob ther best imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Little Miss...

Home ec one is very good.......biology one i heard was crap enough... and then i got irish which is alright...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭normar

The books are excellent and a great help. Especially Maths and French. Don't want to sound preachy but they are short on the actual learning bit. This means that they do require an effort from you to learn the text. When this is done for any particular section of a subject, then the books come into their own with good demonatration of how answers are worked through, expecially ones where a "trick" is required. Together with an effort at studying the text :cool: they are surefire.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Rapid revision are better bullets points rather than the less stress which is like reading a text book

• Advertisement
Advertisement