Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV Broadband Blaster Router dropping constantly.

Options
  • 04-02-2006 5:58pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I have the UTV 3mb package that came with the Creative Bradband Blaster router. It works fine but ever since I've had it, it will drop the signal every few days without fail. If I plug the modem out and plug it in again it will usually connect again and be fine but its a pain the the ass.

Has anyone had the same problem or know how to fix it? I'd ring tech support but in the past I find them hopeless and can barely communicate...
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭frea

I have the same problem as well. It’s more of a nuisance than anything else.

I have my blaster router connected to a 3Com Wireless Access Point and not directly to my PC. I normally leave my pc on all the time.

More often than not when I get home from work the router is disconnected from the internet. To get operational I have to either reboot the router or log in to it and click the connect button.

I rang support as well a while ago but was told to "reboot the blaster". They wouldn’t offer a reason for the problem. When the service is connected it works away fine but this issue is starting to bug me and I am seriously thinking of changing to another ISP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭frea

This problem is still ongoing. I have not found a resolution. Is my only option to replace the Router? I would welcome any help or advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 abcd

As far as I understand from talking to UTV support, their system that measures your bandwidth usage has to forcibly disconnect your router to do this (god knows why - there is no need with the right monitoring software), and this happens every few days as they update their totals and check if you have exceeded your quota.

It should be possible to set the Creative router to automatically reconnect though...

1. Open a web browser and enter http://192.168.1.1 or whatever address you set. It will probably ask for a password - check the setup guide that came with the router.

2. Click "To Admin Mode" at the bottom of the menu on the left

3. Choose "WAN" under the Configurations section of the new menu.

4. Make sure "Auto disconnect..." is set to 0 seconds, and set "Enable auto reconnect" to enabled. (See attached picture).

5. Click the "Apply" button at the bottom, then "Save settings" and finally the "Save" button that appears, and wait for the router to reboot.

This will hopefully solve your problems.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

There could also be a possibility that your line is not capable of 3Mb and that may be causing the disconnections. Have you checked your line stats?

Advertisement