Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Import Duty on a Caravan/Mobile Home

Options
  • 04-02-2006 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,404 ✭✭✭

Does anybody know if there is any import duty payable on a mobile home if I buy one up the North...can't find it anywhere on the revenues site...?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭andyeire

I looked into buying a campervan in the UK and the VRT was 50 euro .If it is not 'motorised' then it is like any other purchase within the eu.If it is a campervan then there are VRT rules which will say wether it will be ok for a 50 charge or not .Ring your local VRT office with the full details of the vehicle to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭mikehn

Be careful VRT on campervans is weight related I think the cut off weight is 3.5 tonne. Above this you pay a nominal sum , below this depending onthe age of the camper it could run into thouands, Do your homework, ring the Customs

Advertisement