Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Broadband and MSN Messenger. Audio/Video conferencing NOT Working-Please Help!

• 04-02-2006 7:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hey,
    Hopefully someone can help me...

I installed Eircom Broadband on the 1st of February 2006. Ever since that date I have not been able to use the audio/video conversation devices on MSN Messenger 7.5. All of these applications worked up until the broadband installation so I'm wondering if anyone could help me with this problem? All of the divices still work fine on my own PC but they just wont connect with anyone across the Internet via MSN Messenger.. I use
    Windows XP.
    I am connected to the Net via a wired network connection.
    Netopia 3347WG
    Broadband Connection 100.0Mbps
    Windowx XP firewall
    Connected to the internet through a non-UPnP firewall.

Please Help,
    Thanks,
    Tim

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 250 ✭✭ikoonman

Well, it's most likely then a firewall config issue.

Have you tried reinstalling MSN? Have you tried something else like Trillian? I am not a big fan of XP firewall in anycase and would suggest you disable it and use something like ZoneAlarm.

I would think it's unlikely that the Eircom Broadband has broken your MSN. It *has* to be a configuration problem unless Eircom is specifically blocking the ports that MSN uses, but I can't see that being the reason.

If you tried the above and it still doesn't work, I'd be happy to guide you through some basic troubleshooting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 timtheturtle

Hey. Thanks for your reply. I have re-istalled it but still no results. I had the windows firewall disabled and i disabled the eircom firewall too. It still had no affect. I was onto MSN support and they gave me over 12 different things to try but none helped. I know a few other ppl that have the same issue as me also.
    Noone told me anything about 'ports' tho. I'd welcome any info you have regarding them.
    Tim.

Advertisement