Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone going out in Drogheda tonight??

Options
  • 04-02-2006 8:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭

Before anyone starts, of course people are going to be going out tonight in Drogheda! I'm not that stupid, well sometimes I am, but not this time! :eek:

Was just wondering if there's anywhere worth going tonight, anything on? Anyone wanna meet up for a drink. I'm living in Balbriggan, and I'm 23.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

cellar's is great on a saturday night and cocktails are two for one!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭~Leanne~

@ d-arke - well did you go out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭d-arke

I went out, but I ended up staying local. Couldn't get anyone to go out :( Though could end up in Drogheda this weekend, I'm thinking of having a going away, plus I have a free house :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭migz4caz

What age are you?

Should be on my profile, if not.... I'm 23

• Advertisement

Ok........I'm from Dublin myself and I go to Drogheda to see my girlfriend every weekend. Where do you usually go?

I don't usually go out in Drogheda. Tend to stick to either Balbriggan or Skerries, the odd time Swords or Dublin. As for Drogehda, I've only been a few times. Tends to be O'Shea's though. Went to Earth one night as well, was alright, nothing special

Good stuff. So what do you think of the whole Drogheda scene? The city is getting big isn't it?

Yeah the TOWN is getting big ;)
    Used to pass through every day on the way to Dundalk IT.

There's been some amount of houses being built on the Dublin side of the TOWN alright, and then the new shopping centre on the Dublin side and the new apartments across the river and down by the Bus depot. Couldn't comment on the North side though, not sure whats been happening out that way. Wouldn't imagine its grown as much as people want to live closer to Dublin etc. You only have to look at Bettystown and you'll see my point.

As for the whole Drogheda scene? I presume you mean the nightlife!?! Errr... can't comment...well I can. I've only been to O'Shea's and Earth which are decent enough. Then there's some pub up near the Snooker/Pool hall (which is class by the way) where bands play which was alright the one time I was there

Is the snooker hall "the witty" or whitworth by any chance? I was there it's brilliant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

its the "whitty "alright , a classic name of old for the place.
    new people know it as the whitworth but older drogheda people spent most of their youth playing pacman and street fighter in the whitty

games were 10p and 1 hour of snooker was 2 pound

now i know i am getting older when games cost 1 euro per game

out myself on friday night, wards,solas ,baroccos and home ..very drunk

can't think of the name of it, i'll find out. but it's unreal, has something like 20 tables over two floors. the pool table would be good if they changed the cloth to something a bit more normal

yeah it is the whitty. what a joint

~Leanne~ wrote:
    @ d-arke - well did you go out?

whats "cruise4birds.com", part of your signature

Advertisement