Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your current favourite spot in UCD?!

Options
  • 04-02-2006 8:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭

Well??.....

Mine has recently become the seating area at the Blob....nothing better than taking out the Times and doing the crossword and having a coffee and then having a random person you know walk over and talk to you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I can usually be found at the wall. Its getting a bit cold to be my favourite place in UCD bit when the warmer weather hits it'll be magnificent.

That and the Belend FM studio. Nice couch. And close to smoking facilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I like the seats in the Arts block near to Hilpers though it's tough to get good seats. It's nice to get a good seat there, whip out something to read, put some headphones on and observe the hot Arts girls about the place. :v:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Samos

Wow, if you three congrgate in the same area, why don't you put away the newspapers and headphones and talk to one another (or even to the hot girls)?

I've found Richview to be a nice area that's out of the way, but near to where I live. Plus they have some half-decent pianos up there that I can play without disturbing anyone excessively (I hope!). There certainly aren't many comfortable places to be found. Anyone discovered any comfy secluded spots?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

The Daedalus.

I woulda thought that was pretty bloomin' obvious from the regularity of my posting on this forum, tbh...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

I'm also a congragator [spp] in teh arts block cafe -usually the seats that look directly into the cafe from across the courtyard. the otherside of it like

my current favourite spot is the IT centre in arts between C and D I can often be seen there on boards or bebo-ing. i like the guys in charge theyre funny and gav me seets at chrisstmas

Either of those two places really thugh i do tend to go on walkies wandering aimlessly round the arts block on adventures... [i really shouldnt drink wine]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

You sound like me on one of my excursions after a HistorySociety wine reception!:D :o

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Hmm... favourite spots... Well that has changed over time. I probably spend most time in the 2nd and 4th year CS labs, but (like any non-psycho) I prefer to get out once in a while! Near exam time, it's nice to sit down near the lake to relax, and downstairs in science too.

I'd usally be found in the main restaurant/ downstairs in Science/ 1st year CS labs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

The 'secret' lake! :)

I love that place... I can be found wandering aimlessly and suspiciously around there and the wood-chip walkway beyond that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

I recently discovered those little IT centres on the second floor of the arts block and I've started hanging around the one near J. Pretty sweet, I must say :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭pimpy_c

You'd think my favourite place would be room 130 in the Eng building coz that's where i spend most of my depressing day but it's not! The perk for me. Damn that mocha is good!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Quinn school study area with my laptop. Hours of fun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭randombassist

Waltons wrote:
    I recently discovered those little IT centres on the second floor of the arts block and I've started hanging around the one near J. Pretty sweet, I must say :D

They're interesting characters in there! I was in early enough one morning after a tutorial, and they were playing loud Australian rock (al la Ac dc) for their hung over colleague after Australia day!

My favourite spot is probably the wall, I know if I stand there for more than a couple of minutes I'll meet someone I know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭**elaine**

I also sit at the seating area near the blob!
    Hmmm seems to be a popular place among us, from the looks of this thread! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭scop

I imagine most boards people are probably looking at each other daily without realising it.

By the way Elaine, Swinburne is an excellent poet. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

My favourite spot in ucd is, was, and ever shall be the smoking wall outside the arts block.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Samos wrote:
    Wow, if you three congrgate in the same area, why don't you put away the newspapers and headphones and talk to one another (or even to the hot girls)?

I've found Richview to be a nice area that's out of the way, but near to where I live. Plus they have some half-decent pianos up there that I can play without disturbing anyone excessively (I hope!). There certainly aren't many comfortable places to be found. Anyone discovered any comfy secluded spots?

Pianos?in richview?wow thats cool-i miss my piano when I'm up in Dublin-can anyone play on them?

I'm like the rest of the bordies!Fave spot is that sofa area beside hilpers,with a good book,hot choclate and a cookie (where have the white choc chip and macadamia ones gone?) Terrace is just so damn uncomfrtable I like to get out of there asap's

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Copy--paste. I like the seats in the Arts block near to Hilpers.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Pythia wrote:
    Quinn school study area with my laptop. Hours of fun!

One wonders what sites you surf...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

The Bellend FM studio for me at the minute... incidentally, Panda, where are the pianos up there? The only one I ever found before was the upright one in Memorial Hall.

• Advertisement

The Bellend FM studio for me at the minute... incidentally, Panda, where are the pianos up there? The only one I ever found before was the upright one in Memorial Hall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Samos

panda100 wrote:
    Pianos?in richview?wow thats cool-i miss my piano when I'm up in Dublin-can anyone play on them?

Well, there is one in Memorial Hall, an upright Yamaha, which is nothing special really but there are nice accustics in the large open room, and it can't really be heard by the computer users next door. The lads from services don't mind at all if you're playing them. I usually don't go there till after 8pm, so its quiet and I can release the stress of the day (and inflict that stress on anyone who might be listening outside!).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

i spend silly amounts of time in the english postgrad room, but i can often be seen rushing from there to the library or my locker, with a 'get out of my way, i'm in the zone!' look on my face. i also get tea from hilper's a few times a day. i'm the short one wearing a pinstriped jacket and my boyfriend's trousers, and i always, always have some skulls around my person :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

I stay in or around the science building for the most part...thats where most of the people i know are...I kinda find the arts building pretty anonymous...maybe cos I'm not there that often

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭the evil lime

Insomnia in the Quinn School...they have good muffin.

they have good muffin.

Sounds like Borat describing his local prostitutes...

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Slippers

I like the circular garden near Microbiology. I'm still looking for a bench that doesn't get wet when it rains.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

I like that wee bench seat beside the stairs near E/geography department.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭JustCoz

Perk in Quinn School ( I can't call it by any other name) I can be seen sitting there but never buy anything coz a cup of water is like €7 or something. I also love hanging around the arts block pretending I do arts. Those kids are so cool

• Advertisement
Advertisement