Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Location advice for in ceiling speakers

• 04-02-2006 8:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

I am in the final stages of house renovations and have some JBL HTI 6 in ceiling speakers to install for a small multi room sound system. Got these from the US mail order and are really excellent quality (better than expected).

However, I can’t find solid information as to where to locate. The room is a kitchen/ living room, about 30ft x 15 ft, and I have 2 pair to install. Current location of wiring by electrician are about 1 m from each corner, but I am not sure this will be best. Have only a day or so before no changes can be made, so slight panic!!

Any suggestions/ experiences??????????

On a separate note, collect Yamaha RX-V 4600 today and am playing with tonight.
    Music through a pair of B&W CDM2 is really good, real hi-fi quality.:) Will be interesting when all the other multitude of wires get connected.:confused:

Many thanks for any assistance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

If you have 4 speakers put one in each corner of the room, Presuming the room isn't round :eek: I'm no expert just I've seen it done that way!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

I would have them spread across the room as much as possible but not too near walls. (booming echos).
    The effect your looking for is to fill the room evenly and not to know where is coming from, so far apart is a good start!

S.

Advertisement