Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

re-tiling under a toilet-bowl

Options
  • 04-02-2006 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭

Setting up the place for a tiler to tile the ensuite. Floor already tiled and the toilet bowl in screwed onto the tiled floor. Want to remove the tiles from under the bowl. Help! - what do I do. I know the "flush the toilet, while wedging the ball-cock up" :eek: bit but what about the water in the toilet itself and the u-bend. Do I get a plunger and plunge it out? Anything else I should be aware of. I just don't want to flood the place!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Litcagral

hansov wrote:
    Setting up the place for a tiler to tile the ensuite. Floor already tiled and the toilet bowl in screwed onto the tiled floor. Want to remove the tiles from under the bowl. Help! - what do I do. I know the "flush the toilet, while wedging the ball-cock up" :eek: bit but what about the water in the toilet itself and the u-bend. Do I get a plunger and plunge it out? Anything else I should be aware of. I just don't want to flood the place!!!

You could scoop it out using a small container and a basin and then soak up the remainder with an old towel. It dosen't really matter if some water remains in the U-bend as it won't go anywhere unless the bowl is tilted.

Advertisement