Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sun Studios

Options
  • 04-02-2006 10:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭

The release of Walk The Line, got me thinking about Sam Philips and all the other good people at Sun Studios. But I'am I the only to find it strange that out of all the artisits that Philips discovered, among the Presely, Cash, Perkins and Orbison. That out of all these peple Jerry Lee Lewis is the only one still alive. Lewis being the most self destructive and reckless of the lot

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

You're as young as the woman you feel.

Plus he is still only 70 so he's hardly pushing any world records for longevity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭starn

In that case Lewis cant be more then about 15. I think his thrid wife Myra was all of about 13, when he married her. Lewis is on par with Morrrison and Moon with his levels of madness and his streak for self destruction. He shot and almost killed his Bass player Bitch Owen. Got loaded up one day on amphetemines and whiskey started ranting that he was gonna kill Elvis, and got caught in Graceland later that night with a loaded gun. Rory Gallaghers brother Donal used to also tell a story where Rory and Donal were invited backstage at Lewis gig. This was the week that the news hit about the beatles split. So when Lennon arrived the whole crowd just stared at Lennon waiting for him to say something. Lewis furious that no one was paying attention to him pushed his piano off stage. When the Gallaghers went back stage. Lewis allegadly told Rory he'd shoot lennon if he didnt leave

Advertisement