Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2004 Clio stereo connection

Options
  • 04-02-2006 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭

I posted [thread=2054876692]this[/thread] here a while ago.

I have now received the cable and am ready to go.

Basically, I have a 2004 Renault Clio. It has an Alpine CDM-9803RM stereo without a CD changer. I now have the Alpine KCM-123B cable that lets me connect a device like a minidisc/mp3 player (via its headphone jack) to the aux-in connector on the head unit.

Would anyone be able to give me detailed instructions as to how to go about connecting and routing the cable?

I don't think I'll have much trouble getting the head unit out but I don't know where or how I should feed the cable out so that the minidisc/mp3 player can connect to it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 939 ✭✭✭chicken_food

It will plug in no problems into the back of headunit. Try running the cable down through the back of the center console and work out if the cable will make it to a cubby hole or drinks holder. Personally i have mine come out the ashtray.That way it hides my mp3 player and also holds it nicely when i drive. It works out perfectly for me. I did have to un do 4 bolts to get access to ashtray and route the cables. I dont know if you'd have to do anything like that though.
    From the drivers side,can you reach behind the center console and feel anything ie wires etc?? If so then it could make it even easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭nialldinho

I reached in from the passenger side but couldn't feel any wires. It felt pretty closed off. I'll have to check the driver's side.

I was able to get the cup holder and ashtray out but couldn't get the wire to feed down easily. They are at the bottom of the centre console. There is just the heating dials between that and the stereo panel.

Advertisement