Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

You book Wrestlemania 22's main events

• 04-02-2006 10:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭

Wrestlemania is almost upon us and I don't know about anyone else but the rumoured World Title matches bore me to tears. HHH/Cena, Angle/Orton. How dull! Permit me to outline how I would book the two biggest matches of the year:

(World Heavyweight Championship) Kurt Angle vs Chris Benoit vs Randy Orton

Instead of simply Angle vs Orton, why not throw Benoit into the mix? Let's not forget that Benoit made Orton tap out two weeks ago and we all know about the great matches Benoit has had with Angle. I would have Benoit win the match, maybe through rolling up Orton.

(WWE Championship) Rey Mysterio vs Triple H

This is an idea that I'm stealing from a PWInsider columnist because I think it's a pretty good one. It involves Rey remaining number 1 contender but using the Wrestlemania loophole to jump to Raw and challenge the Raw champion. Cena would drop the belt to Triple H on an edition of Raw setting up the match with Mysterio at Mania. I like this idea because it makes sense seeing as Triple H has said bad things about Eddie and if Rey shuts up Orton at No Way Out then he can go and shut up The Game at Mania. I would have Rey go over in the match and win the belt.

To close the show then, Benoit could come down to the ring to celebrate with Mysterio and pay tribute to the moment that was had at WM20 between Benoit and Eddie. I think that would be a great emotional moment.

Anyway, that's just my idea. How would you book WM22's main events?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

While your intention is right, in my opinion centering the wrestlemania ain event around eddie is wrong. While his loss is tragic, its time to move on. WWE would milk such a moment and make it seem plastic like at the rumble. I'd prefer somesort of eddie invitational match at mania with the winner getting a No.1 contenders shot on smackdown, the match would be preceeded with an eddie video package, that way he would not be forgotten and a tribute could be paid to his memory without the wwe tying it in with current storylines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 rebelsbells2005

i wuda saved angle vs taker for mania instead of no way out
    triple h v cena v flair wwe title (flair in 1 more main event =ratings)
    orton v hogan!! (legend killer looks to take out the biggest legend of all)
    benoit v rey mysterio v chavo v jericho(1nite return) in a ladder tribute to eddie match
    money in the bank II rvd v carlito v masters v kane v bigshow v shelton
    hbk&austin v vince &shane
    edge v cactus jack

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

hbk & austin vs The McMahons
    and Orton vs hulk is a problem
    hulk has said he'll only appear to do austin v huilk and that he wants a clean win over ausin
    austin most likely won't appear for a while, he's still angry that vince told him he was going to win JRs job back at taboo tuesday only to tell him on the monday that he had no intention of putting JR back on tv and that stone cold would job to the coach (i mean wtf, the coach)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

i agree with mr nice guy in some way, rey v triple h and rey going to raw.
    but charlie mc hugh is right. anyway charlie where is that funny looking remote you once had. god knows what that zapper can tune into.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭dinjo

benoit v rey mysterio v chavo v jericho(1nite return) in a ladder tribute to eddie match
    edge v cactus jack

That would be one hell of a Wrestlemania ! ! ! ! !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

triple h wrote:
    i agree with mr nice guy in some way, rey v triple h and rey going to raw.
    but charlie mc hugh is right. anyway charlie where is that funny looking remote you once had. god knows what that zapper can tune into.

I was told by "Big Borther" that my banner was to large and that it would have to be removed or else action would be taken.:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

First of all i dont think 3-way or 4-way matches are really the way to go about things for main event matches for Wrestlemania, i think it should definitely be 1 on 1 matches. The title change (if there is one) loses its shine a little when its more than 2 IMO.

As for booking Mania, personally i would have kept Rey there, Orton's got plenty of time to main event Wrestlemania, for a smaller wrestler like Rey it might only come along once, whats the point in Rey winning it and commentators hyping him up and then Orton coming and taking the spot away, why not just let Orton win it if thats what they're plan was anyway. It probably was the whole Eddie thing that they let Rey win which is a shame because Mysterio dosent need an outside reason to win it, he's good enough to do it on his own, especially when you consider the sickening Eddie legacy desecration that took place on Smackdown.

My picks for Wrestlemania Main Events would be:

Angle v Rey in a Last Man Standing match ( Angle winning after a brutal, awesome match )

Triple H V Cena ( Normal pin fall) - Triple H winning after an awesome match, and even Cena getting applauded for a great spectacle.

They should then either turn Cena into a heel ( doubtful ) or change his character a lot, and make him a kind of a tweener, ( in between heel and face) like Austin if they could.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Corholio wrote:
    and make him a kind of a tweener, ( in between heel and face) like Austin if they could.

What?! Austin was an out and out face. Sure, he was the anti-hero, but you can't say he was ever a heel

Unless you're talking about when he was a heel..but he wasn't a tweener for any significant amount of time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Fozzy wrote:
    What?! Austin was an out and out face. Sure, he was the anti-hero, but you can't say he was ever a heel

Unless you're talking about when he was a heel..but he wasn't a tweener for any significant amount of time

Come on Fozzy, are you kidding?
    For a period in 97/98 Austin was a perfect example of a tweener.
    He was feuding with heels as a face would alright, but he was stunning absolutely everyone, heels, faces, refs, announcers, commissioners.
    It was this unpredictability that got him so over in the period leading to his first title win and beyond.
    Granted, his popularity ensured there was no chance of him going back to being a full heel (At that time anyway), but he was definitely a face employing heel tactics.
    That is surely a definition of a tweener.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭the sunbabe wan

edge v cactus jack

WOW :eek: now thats a wrestlemania that i would pay money for....

• Advertisement

D-FENS wrote:
    Come on Fozzy, are you kidding?
    For a period in 97/98 Austin was a perfect example of a tweener.
    He was feuding with heels as a face would alright, but he was stunning absolutely everyone, heels, faces, refs, announcers, commissioners.
    It was this unpredictability that got him so over in the period leading to his first title win and beyond.
    Granted, his popularity ensured there was no chance of him going back to being a full heel (At that time anyway), but he was definitely a face employing heel tactics.
    That is surely a definition of a tweener.
    absolutely D-fens, on the money.
    stone cold is probably the best example of a tweener in wrestling history, as d-fens put it,he went after face and heel alike, he broke the rules as far as faces were concerned, if someone"came to his rescue" he'd stunner them aswell.
    stone cold was the best lone wolf character they've ever had.

I didn't see it that way. Maybe it's because I didn't actually like Austin at the time, but all I saw was everyone else cheering on the guy. Everyone cheering him on would suggest he's a face. He could only be a tweener if there were people who would actually consider him a heel at some time. There's plenty of faces who employ heel tactics from time to time, but nobody calls them tweeners

Best example I can think of would probably be Vince actually, last year he was a heel on Raw and a face on SD for a number of weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Kash V Helms V Funaki V London for CW

Inter promotional 6 Man Monster Battle Royale (Hardcore) Undertaker, Mark Henry, Lashley, Kane, Big Show, Viscera

mnm vs mexicools for tag titles

Money in the bank 2 (Benjamin, RVD, Chavo, Edge, Masters, Snitsky)

Ric Flair V Carlito for Intercontinental

Benoit Vs Hardy Vs Finlay Vs Booker T for US title

HBK V Shane O Mac

Angle V Rey V Orton for World HeavyWeight

Triple H V Cena for WWE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Fozzy wrote:
    I didn't see it that way. Maybe it's because I didn't actually like Austin at the time,

No offence Foz, but that's your problem right there!
    Never heard of anyone not liking Austin, especially at that time, except maybe his ex wives/girlfriends!
    But, you're obviously entitle to your views like everyone else

Fozzy, vince tuirned 100% from time to time, he was face or heel, a tweener doesn't mean someone who changes from face to heel it means the person does what they want, the typical selfish batureof a heel but doing things the fans acyually want to do , like tbeating the boss up, Austin never did anything good to turn face, his character simply loved beating the herll out of his boss and anyone that got in the way, officials, goons, even his own tag team partner thats why he's a tweeney, stone cold looks out for just one person stone cold, he's even a oppertunist, the cahacter was only ever alligned to someone when he needed to be to get what he wanted(i.e. gettings his hands on mcmahon) he was definitely OVER with the fans but that doesnt equate to FACE he didn't do the right thing

Freddy Blassie was a vicious heel for most of his career. But at one point he started feuding with the heels, yet he did everything else the same. And he was a face because of that. Austin's situation is exactly the same in my eyes

Anyway, as for WM! I'd love to see CM Punk make his debut. Usually a few new guys come in just after WM. I'd like to see Benoit in the main event vs Angle, but I'm still interested in what Kurt can do with Orton

I read the other day that HHH blamed Angle for the fans booing Cena, apparently because he didn't do a good enough job as a heel. Still though, I can see more people cheering HHH than Cena at WM, could be interesting

Advertisement