Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dragonforce!!

• 04-02-2006 11:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 540 ✭✭✭

im realy disapointed in in teh metal section :( not a singal piece of death/black metal here at all..
    but more importently for the mo anyway... dragonforce has just gone mayor mainstream in the metal groups with their new album "inhuman rampage" which is in all hmvs now :)

they boost fast heavily power metal with good vocals and have to be heard to be belived.. the speed of the guitars is unreal...
    also they have 3 songs (1 from each album) avablie from they website.. www.dragonforce.com

sry mods... they also have a gig in dublin in march.. yahooo.. its a good year for metal in ireland :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

The older Dragonforce albums (Valley of the Damned and Sonic Firestorm) were better imho... I found Inhuman Rampage to be very samey. A little disappointing.
    I'd still love to see them live though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

Last time they played was great
    my mate went drinking with a few of them
    bastard!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Yea, supposedly Through The Fire And The Flames is getting heavy rotation on MTV2 too...how odd...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Arucard

Inhuman Rampage is by far an inferior album to its predecessors; not enough dynamics on the album. still lookin forward to the gig tho :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

the speed of the guitars is unreal...
    Fast doesn't mean good.

They're alright, as was mentioned the older stuff is better.
    Not my favourite power metal band by a long shot.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭MagnumForce

They arnt just fast, its not like Malmsteen who's every solo sounds the exact same. They actually have catchy songs and obvious talent. I wanted to see them last time they played here but missed out, but definitly goin to see em this time. Was watching the "through the fire and the flames" video on Scuzz the other day, watching those two guys soloing is amazing, its not just that they play really fast but they're playing really fast,really skillfuly, harmonising with each other perfectly. And yeah i know its a studio recording but ive heard live clips aswell. anyway, great performers they are.

Heh, yea some of the live clips are kinda funny when they mess up....:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Another thing that annoyed me about them was on Sonic Firestorm.

'Fury of the Storm' and 'Prepare for War' start of nearly identical to each other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

im realy disapointed in in teh metal section :( not a singal piece of death/black metal here at all..

lol you really havent a clue do you

www.dublinmetalevents.com

In fact, this coming wednesday there is a death metal event that is on that will blow any self respecting death metal fan away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Cryptopsy? \m/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Ph3n0m wrote:

www.dublinmetalevents.com

In fact, this coming wednesday there is a death metal event that is on that will blow any self respecting death metal fan away

Maybe if the bands playing were sell outs like DragonForce, he would have known better.

Haha, how are Dragonforce sellouts? :p

Please explain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭MagnumForce

How exactly can you discribe DragonForce as sellouts, what have they sold out to? what, might i ask, in your opinion have they changed about themselves since they started only a few short years ago that has made them more comercially appealing and if you can prove they have done that then what values and ideals have they sacrificed for said success, which they actually dont have, they are still a fairly small scale band in the scheme of things, as proven by last years show costing merely 16eur in the templebar music center, and this years only slightly more at 22.50 in the ambassador(i think).

Come back when you know what a sellout is, and untill then stop throwing around words you dont understand.

i like MagnumForce

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Dragon force have all the talent there defo, but i dunno there songs do seem to get a bit samey although they are rather cool imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

They're sellouts because, y'know, they're big now.

I liked Sonic Firestorm but I agree with the few people here that there is very little variety to them. Despite that, they're immensely enjoyable live and are one of the few good metal bands around that can take the piss.

They're sellouts because, y'know, they're big now.
    sarcasm? lol?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Oh hang on, I forgot.

:rolleyes:

Sucks to be you so...;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 540 ✭✭✭RazielDoomgate

Ph3n0m wrote:

sry what i meant was there there was no speak of black/death metal on boards...

however tnx for the website.. it be most useful :):)

as for the dragonforce beeing abit samey they are but i jsut think that i like that kind of music... sonata arcitica, iced earth, moonsorrow, finntroll, rhapsody etc..

anyway i belive if you like the music i dont know how you can get bored of them quicker then any other band. as for the "sellout" the only thing ive seen them put their name to is some 3 different ablum t-shirts which are only €25

• Advertisement

^ i assume you heard the latest on Finntroll? their firing of vocalist n so forth...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 237 ✭✭Snake Pliisken

Dragon Force are really good, only the last song on Inhuman Rampage should be led into the town square and burned while being fed lime to scare all other bands out of making a 'fly over mountains to be with you' song. Because god, it makes me vomit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Saw them live last year and will see them in march. The latest album isnt as good as Sonic Firestorm.

^ditto, on all counts

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Switchead

good band, only gettin into them now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭El_mariachi

guitar **** thats all these guys are, they're very good at it, i'd love to play like that but it get old quick,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Id take dragonforce over emo anyday...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

As would I...
    </power metal fangirl>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭fleshmechanic

Dragonforce = cheesefactory

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Prezatch

Dragonforce = cheesefactory

I second that

Advertisement