Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dragonforce!!

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Two fantastic posts there. :rolleyes: Seriously man, if your going to try and express yourself how about doing so in at least a midly eloquant or even productive manner. While some people may like them for the sole reason that they are fast that is by no means the only reason others like them. The fact that they are fast is one of the reasons I like them as, as I have said before, I find it really invigorating to listen to them. Li and Totman, regardless of speed also have oodles of talent and having seen them live aswell as listening to their albums for a good while I can honestly say its a hard fact to dispute...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭BlackSabbath

Two fantastic posts there. :rolleyes: Seriously man, if your going to try and express yourself how about doing so in at least a midly eloquant or even productive manner. While some people may like them for the sole reason that they are fast that is by no means the only reason others like them. The fact that they are fast is one of the reasons I like them as, as I have said before, I find it really invigorating to listen to them. Li and Totman, regardless of speed also have oodles of talent and having seen them live aswell as listening to their albums for a good while I can honestly say its a hard fact to dispute...

sense of melody>senseless shredding. also, you need to understand that music is all subjective. your post suggested that you were shocked or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

I'm listening to them now, they're like the soundtrack to Pokeman or something. :D

o denying they're amazing musicians, but it's all a little OTT.

I will be listening though, sometimes cheese is very tasty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Per Liefsonson

Shredding doesn't necessarily equate with senseless.
    there is nothing remotely good in their songs.
    That's not hugely subjective sounding now, is it?

Indeed, while I have no problem with people having different opinions than me on music I was abit shocked with the manner in which you expressed yours. I probably shouldn't be however since I frequent Ultimate-Guitar often enough and see it all the time, its just that I usually don't see those kind of comments around here...

• Advertisement

Indeed, while I have no problem with people having different opinions than me on music I was abit shocked with the manner in which you expressed yours. I probably shouldn't be however since I frequent Ultimate-Guitar often enough and see it all the time, its just that I usually don't see those kind of comments around here...

i'm just posting my thoughts on how i feel like. no "i guess it's not my cup of tea" sort of bs. that's censoring myself, and censoring has never done good. i give my opinions in a blunt manner, but it's still an opinion. never will i pass it as fact.

Heh, I don't think you should have to censor yourself. I just feel that if people don't like a certain type of music/band/genre then they should at least explain why. I mean "there is nothing remotely good in their songs. i feel nothing." well for instance I find the guitar, bass and drumming work excellent and while the vocals and lyrics are pure cheese they're still great fun. You on the other hand gave no real reason for you not liking them, yet you still say "dragonforce are terrible".

Also "now maybe if i were 5, maybe i would like them." now thats just being plain silly and despite the fact I know you're not being serious it still comes across as an insult to people who do like them. :)

well, i don't know about explaining myself. i mean, do i really need to have a reason or do i even have a reason at all? i can like iron maiden and totally dislike judas priest. they are the same genres and they sound similar, it's just i like one and dislike the other. you can't control the emotion the music gives you. what i'm getting at is, i don't have a reason. it would be stupid and quite a waste to try to find a reason when there's none. just like one day you can like a certain music that on a different day you would hate it. it depends on the mood you are in that case. i could learn music and then divide a song all to pieces, analyze every part of it and come back to you with an answer but it would be stupid to do so. you don't need to be a musician to judge music (although i used to play piano when i was younger), because in the end it's all subjective .

This is also quite true. :)

Me thinks this is getting a wee bit off topic so I'll leave it at this: On a general scale saying something like "they do nothing for me" is fine, its a personal opinion after all. However when you say something like "Dragonforce are terrible" well this is simply untrue as it appears you are trying to pass it as fact and lets face it, they arent terrible whether one likes them or not. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 540 ✭✭✭RazielDoomgate

im just going to say something quick... blacksabbath.. if you really hate dragonforce why do you post in a dragonforce tread?? remember what your mommy told you... "if you've got nothing nice to say, say nothing at all"
    you see i dont know why anyone (and ive seen soo many times) bothers to do this.. they post a negitive remark about a band etc and then 1 or several come to defend that remark and then gets into a big argument utterly getting both partys no where.
    now can we pls let this tread die in peace :) i hate coming back thinking its dead and then having to read 10 replies to catch up. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

A mix of LTE + Nightwish.

Let us slay some dragons friends!

Fast guitar players none the less and their video 'through fire and flames' was nice to watch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

you see i dont know why anyone (and ive seen soo many times) bothers to do this.. they post a negitive remark about a band etc and then 1 or several come to defend that remark and then gets into a big argument utterly getting both partys no where.
    now can we pls let this tread die in peace :) i hate coming back thinking its dead and then having to read 10 replies to catch up. :)

Stuff like that keeps things interesting. It would be incredibly dull if we all just nodded in agreement, wouldn't it? As long as there's nothing abusive, a bit of clashing opinions keep discussion on boards healthy.

Indeed, I like Dragonforce, but I do see where some people are coming from with their criticisms. Slowing down at times wouldn't hurt the band, infact a bit of dynamics would only make things better, in the 'Calm before the storm' sense. Contrasting tempos work well together, and slow parts often make fast parts sound faster, if you follow.

Stuff like that keeps things interesting. It would be incredibly dull if we all just nodded in agreement, wouldn't it? As long as there's nothing abusive, a bit of clashing opinions keep discussion on boards healthy.

Indeed, I like Dragonforce, but I do see where some people are coming from with their criticisms. Slowing down at times wouldn't hurt the band, infact a bit of dynamics would only make things better, in the 'Calm before the storm' sense. Contrasting tempos work well together, and slow parts often make fast parts sound faster, if you follow.

imo dragonforce is pretty overrated. they have done next to nothing and some people call them the next iron maiden. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

To me it feels like they over do it with their skill which for me, takes away from the potential enjoyment of a song.

It's liek they set out to write the most difficult sounding song, instead of the most...well, good....sounding song.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

Still sounds like the bloody power rangers theme tune to me........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Sean7

Saw them in the TBMC there last time, got free tickets. Didn't like it frankly but my mate like it, he's going to see them again. No accounting for taste I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 E-Dogg

ive never seen anyone play guitar that fast and get meldious lines at the same time... its usually non-coherent hit as many notes as possible ****... great band... cheesy but acceptable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

I was listening to through the fire and the flames and some other tunes I have uploaded to my Ipod and I think that they are pretty good.
    Blown away by the speed they do solos at.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭egon spengler

pure gorgonzola cheese, their music sounds very 80s like something south park would take the piss out of. Their speed is unreal, pity that every solo is nearly exactly the same. Lyrically they leave something to be desired, the reccurrence of words like "fire" "burn" and "pain," of themes dealing with quests and battle and dodgy rhymes between "pain" "rain" and "flames" seem to confirm this. Also the album is like one big song. Nonetheless I like them for the so bad theyre good factor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Welcome to the world of power metal tbh...

• Advertisement
Advertisement