Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Insurance

Options
  • 05-02-2006 12:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭

How much should someone with a drink driving conviction (the lowest type)expect to be added on to their premium?

Just askin' ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

SnIpErX wrote:
    How much should someone with a drink driving conviction (the lowest type)expect to be added on to their premium?

Just askin' ;)
    As much as possible maybe?

I haven't a notion to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭ROAAAR

over €1000?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

probably depends on other factors, age of driver, how long ago the coniction was, stuff like that but i reckon it would probably be well over €1000 and so it should be.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

100%.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

It's a crazy loading. What a friend told me before was... (This may not be true, but sounds right)

First year, 50% loading
    Second year, 40& loading
    etc.... until after 5 years and the loading goes away

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

SnIpErX wrote:

Just askin' ;)

I would imagine such a person would be considered a very high risk category, the insurance company would be thinking "are we gonna have to settle a massive claim if this person injures someone" and as such a lot of them will prolly ask for funny money.

I'd be curious to find out if this person did get a quote, how much it would be, keep us posted like :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Drink drivers always get a quote from somone as its a condition of getting their licence back. They have to submit a written quote to the judge before the licence is returned.

Advertisement