Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

YOU can choose the new Bohemians jersey.

• 05-02-2006 1:26am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭

Bohemians let the fans decide…

Ireland’s largest football club, Bohemian FC, are to run an innovative online competition to select the club’s new Home Playing Kit for the upcoming 2006 eircom league season.

In light of the recent successful agreement, between Bohemians Commercial Department and long serving sponsor Des Kelly Interiors, to remain on as Club Sponsor for another year, the club want to introduce a new innovative Home Kit that the team will wear for the 2006 eircom league campaign, which kicks off on March 10th.

All Bohemians’ supporters and Members will be encouraged to visit this site over the coming days and vote for their favourite jersey design. The jersey designs will be provided by official Kit sponsors O'Neill's and club supporter Philip Byrne.

Club Members and supporters will be able to register their vote online or through a dedicated SMS voting number.

The jersey with the most votes will be selected as the new Bohemians jersey & playing kit for 2006.

Official Club Sponsors - Des Kelly Interiors - and Official Sector Partners of the club - O'Neill's, Astro Park, Irish Mirror, Nivea For Men, Bus Éireann, LeisurePlex, Ryan’s Garage Blanchardstown, Regency Hotel Group, Leo Burdocks and First Active - are all getting behind the idea and offering excellent prizes to entrants of the competition.

It is hoped that the new Bohemians Jersey will be available in the club's merchandise shop and through all good retailers nationwide at the start of the eircom league 2006 season.

Jersey designs, and voting details, will be revealed on Monday morning and the competition will end on Wednesday 8th February at midnight.

Might be of interest to some people here. Full details and pictures to be released on Monday morning. Should be interesting. Southampton did this last season and (imo!) the fans made the right choice.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭damienom

Was at the vast amount of Bohs home games with the old man last year so don't put this down to another put out Shels/Pats/Rovers/half the league fan...

This whiffs of a "lets already pick the kit, slab on a premium rate text and make some revenue off the fans..."

Word doing the rounds since the end of last season is that it's going to be an almost all black kit, would it be cynical to think the "vote" might generate that result?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Well you can vote online as well, I presume they won't be charging for that.

Obviously not, it they use a premium text they could earn up to 30c a text, know they'll probably get shag all votes but it sounds like a bit of a scam

Well you could be right but I was thinking they were doing it to see which design would be most popular and would sell most...

For the most part these shirts sell on who they are rather than fashion? when's the last time you heard of someone buy an eircom league shirt for the way it looked?

Not trying to stir it up just the way I see it. The commerical dept of Bohs have a far greater view of the club that it deserves.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Not a great fan of or follower of football kits in general but I have to say I've not like one of Bohs kits since adidas were doing them circa 1996. O'Neills gear is alway ****-looking anyway so what chance has this 'winner' got of being decent irregardless of whats picked? Suppose it cant be worse than what we've had for the last 2 seasons tho.

Also they're hardly doing much of a thorough survey are they? Opens monday - closes wednesday.

damienom wrote:
    For the most part these shirts sell on who they are rather than fashion? when's the last time you heard of someone buy an eircom league shirt for the way it looked?

Not trying to stir it up just the way I see it. The commerical dept of Bohs have a far greater view of the club that it deserves.

Well sometimes clubs have been known to make absolute howlers in the kit department that means fans don't buy the jerseys as readily as they normally might.

When Southampton tried it a year or two back, there were a couple of kits that would certainly not have sold as well as the one that was eventually chosen. Celtic fans were up in arms when their hoops were taken away a few years ago, I wouldn't imagine Bohs fans would be massively keen on the "almost all black" kit you mentioned earlier. Kit tradition can play a large part in sales too.

As for the standard of eL jerseys in general, I don't think its too bad. From a Shels perspective I really like the current red one and love the blue one they brought out last year. The yellow one is a bit dodgy alright, but I think the standard is decent enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

Maybe a brown with yellow runny stripes on it, oh and pieces of corn too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Sure Crystal Palace do this every season on their website.

They give fans the chance to choose 1 of 3 designs of a home kit and (if they are changing it) an away kit.

I've already chosen my fave home and away designs for next season, hope the other Eagles fans agree wit me and we look good in the Prem next year!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Pigman II wrote:
    Not a great fan of or follower of football kits in general but I have to say I've not like one of Bohs kits since adidas were doing them circa 1996. O'Neills gear is alway ****-looking anyway so what chance has this 'winner' got of being decent irregardless of whats picked? Suppose it cant be worse than what we've had for the last 2 seasons tho.

Also they're hardly doing much of a thorough survey are they? Opens monday - closes wednesday.

I prefer O Neills over Umbro since we changed our jerseys have been **** copies of the generic umbro jersey....oh looks its red with white colloars....again.

Least with O Neills it was cheaper and nicer our classic Ajax jersey etc:

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

The current Shels jersey is the same as the existing Ireland one IIRC, just with red instead of green. I really like it, I'm sure its the same as half the Umbro ones in the UK too (where the team has one primary colour).

Shels:
    http://www.shelbournefcstore.com/images/Products/Expand/jersey_hme.gif

Ireland:
    http://www.jjb.co.uk/img/products/200x200/59505501.gif

I actually really like the new Longford Town one (although the black looks a bit off in the pic, I reckon it'll look good in real life):
    http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/9633/townjersey4lv.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Einst&#252 wrote: »
    The current Shels jersey is the same as the existing Ireland one IIRC, just with red instead of green. I really like it, I'm sure its the same as half the Umbro ones in the UK too (where the team has one primary colour).

Umbros, Nikes and Adidas jerseys are all the same generic top with some colour or collor to seperate them for each team. At least O Neills design something unique.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Can't argue with that! :)

damienom wrote:
    Word doing the rounds since the end of last season is that it's going to be an almost all black kit, would it be cynical to think the "vote" might generate that result?

Looks like you were right!

http://www.bohemians.ie/jersey_comp.htm

Jersey - http://www.bohemians.ie/jersey/Resize%20Jersey%204.JPG
    The Official Bohemians Jersey selected by Bohemians members & supporters, to be worn for the eircom league 2006 season, is a new innovative Black & Red Jersey with collar. The Jersey is proudly designed by club member Philip Byrne & will be produced by Official Kit Partners O’Neills Sportswear.

The Club is delighted with the huge response they received from both online & text vote’s in the recent online jersey competition. Almost 800 votes were registered for this competition with the winning jersey marginally winning the overall competition.

Votes were registered from all around the world namely England, France, Belgium, U.S.A, China, Switzerland, Norway, just to mention a few countries.

Thanks to everyone who participated in this online jersey competition.

Details of the official launch for this new Bohemians Jersey will be announced in the coming weeks.

It is hoped that the Bohemians Players will be wearing the new kit for the opening game of the eircom league 06 season between Bohemians & Drogheda United on March 10th in Dalymount Park.

Replica Jerseys will be on sale through the clubs merchandise shop & other sports retailers throughout the country.

Thanks to everyone who took part in this competition.

Should have put a wager down....bollix!!

Advertisement