Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Well it's boy racer time here in Galway

Options
  • 05-02-2006 2:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭

Two of them are after writing each cars off, 1 a suberu imprtezia, 2 a honda civic, best laugh i had all year so far.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

hillarious

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Nasty, where abouts did it happen. The cops are all over the place. Damm right too, the sound of dump valves drives me nuts........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

outside dunnes stores headford rd, What a laugh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Farls

what were they doing that they crashed? Were they speeding? Were they diffing? What?

IMO ANY car crash is not funny...lots of karma heading your way i hope

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭dawballz

Oh well.. they were in the carpark last night with their Buckfast I heard...loads of them..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

No dump valve on any Civic afaik. No turbo's.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

No dump valve on any Civic afaik. No turbo's.

that would be the Impreza then!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

hahhahaha, but hope there ok ans safe

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Farls wrote:
    IMO ANY car crash is not funny...lots of karma heading your way i hope
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Wtf laughing at someone elses misery is sad.

Hope you can laugh at your self when you crash some day.

• Advertisement

Laughing at a boy racer is sport, dryballs.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

mikegannon wrote:
    Two of them are after writing each cars off, 1 a suberu imprtezia, 2 a honda civic, best laugh i had all year so far.

Whats a Suberu Imprtezia?

I hope you have a big crash and lots of people are there to laugh at you.

Zascar wrote:
    Whats a Suberu Imprtezia?

I think it's an Subaru Impreza that's been in a crash,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Farls

Ken Shabby wrote:
    Laughing at a boy racer is sport, dryballs.

**** uibhir a dó

There seems to be an unduly representative flat-cap-sunday-driver-tut-tut-therell-be-a-letter-about-this-in-the-times-tomorrow contingent in the Motors forum these days. It's time for a purge!

EDIT: BTW, do the people lecturing not realise that wishing hurt on people is actually worse than the behaviour you're condemning? Get your bibles out boys and girls, no doubt they're right there next to you.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

If they managed to crash at that spot they were really really ****ing around and hopefully they are ok but humanity might have been better off

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Ken Shabby wrote:
    There seems to be an unduly representative flat-cap-sunday-driver-tut-tut-therell-be-a-letter-about-this-in-the-times-tomorrow contingent in the Motors forum these days. It's time for a purge!

adam
    Oh don't kid yourself it was ever any other way. Boards.ie is the home of the most straight-laced bunch of squares ever to inhabit webspace and its not going to change.

It is a well known and documented fact that so-called boy racers are for the most part, enthusiasts who look after their cars better than the average motorist but get tarred with the image of the few nob-heads who insist on acting the muppet at rally weekends.

As a growth industry, car tuning is set to outstrip home improvements for per-capita spend over the next ten years but there will still be twits who have aged before their time, driving diesel Corollas saying that anyone with a roof spolier should be hung from it. May they die from the fumes in a traffic jam of their own making.

'cptr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Wtf laughing at someone elses misery is sad.

I think it is safe to say that alot of poeple here (including myself) are sadistic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

I think it's horrible that two cars have been wasted... It brings a tear to my eye :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

mikegannon - you're a spa.

For all you know (for whatever reason) someone could have been seriously hurt - I don't find that funny and if thats how you get your kicks you can fupoff back into your little taxi dispatch cave

• Advertisement

It is a well known and documented fact that so-called boy racers are for the most part, enthusiasts who look after their cars better than the average motorist but get tarred with the image of the few nob-heads who insist on acting the muppet at rally weekends.
    Those /are/ boy racers, and the people to whom I refer. Unfortunately, an awful lot of so-called enthusiasts are the self-same nob-ends.
    JohnCleary wrote:

For all you know (for whatever reason) someone could have been seriously hurt - I don't find that funny and if thats how you get your kicks you can fupoff back into your little taxi dispatch cave
    Masterful debating skills there John. You should go into politics dear boy.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Ken Shabby wrote:

Masterful debating skills there John. You should go into politics dear boy.

adam

Thanks a million dude, best compliment i've gotten all day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Oh don't kid yourself it was ever any other way. Boards.ie is the home of the most straight-laced bunch of squares ever to inhabit webspace and its not going to change.

As a growth industry, car tuning is set to outstrip home improvements for per-capita spend over the next ten years but there will still be twits who have aged before their time, driving diesel Corollas saying that anyone with a roof spolier should be hung from it. May they die from the fumes in a traffic jam of their own making.

'cptr

Well said

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

Any car enthusiast who crashes a done up car will be called a boy racer. Were they ****-acting? Or was only one of them, and hit the other? Was it a freak accident?

Harsh to instantly condemn them. Any of you crash, and have so much as changed the wheels on your car or even the head-unit should be called a knob-jockey or something.

I hope the people in the cars are ok, and if they were racing or ****-acting I hope they learned their lesson

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

mikegannon wrote:

if thats how you get your laughts I've no hope for ya

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Alfasudcrazy

Reading most of the Boards motors posts is like watching paint dry. The classic section is good but because of the strange layout of the site its not getting half the posts/replies that it would if it had its own proper section like Mustard does.:rolleyes:

I think this needs ot be put into perspective.

There are some guys out there driving high powered cars, with no idea how to control them. I've nothing against fast cars, but I do think that the sort of people who drive like idiots in urban areas (sometimes during rallies) need to know that their looning around could cost lives,
    While I don't wish them any harm, the thought of two of them acting the maggot, and crashing into each other (presuming that's what happened) seems a perfect way of teaching them that they are not invincible,

While the situation isn't exactly comedy material, my initial thought was "serves them right", my next was "hope they're alright".
    For anyone who is frequently annoyed by muppets on the road it is easy to see how people could find the thought of this rude awakening a little bit funny

Eloquently put Colm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The classic section is good but because of the strange layout of the site its not getting half the posts/replies that it would if it had its own proper section like Mustard does.:rolleyes:

Its something we're stuck with I'm afraid. Still you could add the url for Classic Cars to your sig.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

JohnCleary wrote:

Hold on a min, the four muppets that got out of the two cars were a ok, cause i seen it myself, the only thing that got hurt was their ego. about me and two hundered people witnesed the smash as the circus was finishing at the time,

Those boys are w***ers driving around at 3 am in the moring trying to be flash when other people like myself are trying to sleep.

+ the fact i hate them with a vengence, some toolhead knocked my side view mirror clean off last night its gona cost me the guts of €150 to replace, third one this year. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Advertisement