Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dodgy modem?

• 05-02-2006 2:12am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭

last week i bought a wireless ethernet router, its a belkin

works grand, wireless too

however, iv noticed in last few days ill be browsing away and suddenly ill be offline

when i look at the modem, the power and modem light have both turned orange(usually green) and the wireless, lan and internet lights are gone out or ery faint!

is it broken, should i take it back?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

event wrote:
    last week i bought a wireless ethernet router, its a belkin

works grand, wireless too

however, iv noticed in last few days ill be browsing away and suddenly ill be offline

when i look at the modem, the power and modem light have both turned orange(usually green) and the wireless, lan and internet lights are gone out or ery faint!

is it broken, should i take it back?

Event, Had/have similar problems with the same Belkin router, seems to lose the connected status every time I reboot it (not very often) then it requires me to plug into the modem to get it to connect again (even though the modem says its connected) plug the router back into the modem and it picks up the signal again, I have the mac address of my lan card cloned to the AP in the router so the modem thinks its the one and same. Overall disappointed with the Belkin (all the wireless gear is HiSpeed version) and would go doen the Linksys route if was asked to recommend one or if I was starting again as by all acc's they are the biz.

"Black side down, BLACK SIDE DOWN...."

Advertisement